SVS - N/A - 600rwhp 600rwtq

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finishing up a 2001 GTS that made some nice numbers for naturally aspirated. The bottom end is stock and untouched. Tuned with 93 octane.

The upgrade list:

JM Striker "Street" heads
SVS cam
SVS fuel system
SVS 1 5/8 stepped 1/3/4 headers
SVS custom 3" exhaust w/ Burns mufflers
Motec engine management

You must be registered for see images

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Great job.

What was the price range?

Could it stay CA certified?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me be the first to pass on another 'atta-boy!' .

Always nice to see big #'s from a N/A car.

Let's see... heads list at 8k... so at least 5k. fuel system (if it is upgradable) is probably 1-3k just for parts. headers are at least 2-3k. motec is 5-10k depending.

All and all, it ain't cheap. but it sure is nice!

JD

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!! those are some awesome results for 488 cubic inches and 93 octane! what was the a/f ratio and what does your fuel system upgrade include?

Daddy Long Stroke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't this combination usually give 500-550 RWHP for most tuners? Where is the extra power coming from? The HUGE cam? The tuning of the MOTEC? SVS's magic touches? :)

Is the cam a monster?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is the combination that yields the power! It's all about the combination. AND the ability to tune in.

example: same set-up w/ a VEC2 you would NEVER get the same power output. AEM... maybe close.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't this combination usually give 500-550 RWHP for most tuners? Where is the extra power coming from? The HUGE cam? The tuning of the MOTEC? SVS's magic touches? :)

Is the cam a monster?

not sure about the specs on their heads but i can see from their dyno graph here that they make peak hp about 200 rpm higher than my engine does. so that indicates a bigger cam than i have. also i am runnin cats and it appears that they are not. my compression ratio is 9.8:1 and i run 91 octane. i am guessin their engine is closer to 10:1 and so they run a lil more timing with that 93 octane. these differences would acount for the increased power over my setup.

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me be the first to pass on another 'atta-boy!' .

Always nice to see big #'s from a N/A car.

Let's see... heads list at 8k... so at least 5k. fuel system (if it is upgradable) is probably 1-3k just for parts. headers are at least 2-3k. motec is 5-10k depending.

All and all, it ain't cheap. but it sure is nice!

JD

Thanks JD

The heads are the JM Striker "street" head. They list for $6600 but you need to look at how these are priced:

The heads themselves are $4600 with no core charge. The Jesel rockers and pushrods are another $2000. You can keep your stock heads or sell them and make back some $.

For this application we made a plug and play harness for the Motec that will throw no codes when you plug in the DRB :cool:

The headers are closer around $3500 and are custom built in house. They include double heat sleeving and are port matched, equal length, stepped and burns 5 into 1 collectors:

The underhood temperature is greatly decreased. We also added a C&R large core radiator with Spal dual fans. This engine is cool and very efficient!

You're close on some of your pricing but I really need to go over everything for exact costs :2tu:

Daddy Long Stroke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No JUCD, not my wife or girlfriend. Just a girl I caught hanging around my Viper at a car show taking pics with a professional photographer. A cutie, but a little young. I'm 36, she was 19.

I mean I was 29....and single....and liked younger girls who were "mature" for their age ....with a Russian accent.....Did I mention I was 27?... :p

You can check her out here:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=50222144

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is the cam a monster?

The cam isn't radical and it idles like stock. Sounds like it just has a throaty exhaust.

The responsive feeling on the street is incredible. If I was going to build myself a street Viper it would be N/A. Build the botom end with a little more compression, Striker "race" heads, solid cam and lifters, dry sump for 700+ rwhp N/A revving 7000rpm. Then I could take it to a road course on the weekends and kick ass!

BTW, thanks for the link and pics of your friend :2tu:

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we looking at a ~30k engine/fuel management build?

Russ

Need some time to put together the pricing for duplicating this package.

I believe we will be able to offer the Motec engine management system at a significantly lower price after making the harness plug and play.

thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper