SVS N/A Viper vs Corvette C6-Z06

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I came on tonight and saw this post... now I think a bit less of Joseph Dell.

Just a feeling... which I am entitled to.

Joseph Dell has never broken a speed limit... ever. He has always been on the right side of the law.

He is the epitome of a driver.

We should all take a lesson.

Joseph Dell... you are the MAN.

Of course the video is gone... same thing happened to me on this board a while back about parking at my job in my car. I had to delete a post because some idiot had to ruin a good joke/good time.

I think high horse WAS the appropriate term in this case.

If you don't agree stay out of it. Just enjoy the video and nobody said you had to save it to your computer.

Jason
viprvenm

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have to agree with JDell.

Getting on the gas for a few seconds on an empty highway, when you are alone, getting over 100 or more isn't really that dangerous.

A side by side street race with cars like that Viper and ZO6 is a different story.
How fast were they going when they let up?

I have nothing against a little pull for a few seconds against a guy who comes up beside on an empty road.
Get on it at 60 or so, run it up to 90 or so. I haven't done that in a long time, but I don't see that as really dangerous.
But you have to get off it before you get going too fast. And in a Viper, that doesn't take too long. I think a few seconds is ok.

To me, it's really about the cars involved. These guys have way too much power for street racing.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate your public attack. must be part of the street racer's alliance...

Help me understand how my comments about street racing have any bearing on anything I do other than my non-existent street racing activites?

And help me understand how a comment on street racing in general warrants a personal attack?

So are you saying that if I don't agree with the making of ***** films, i should just not watch them or save them to my computer? that makes them OK?

Or, if i go outside in a major city (like, say, chicago) and start shooting a gun for fun? But it's ok... i'm not aiming at anyone.

high horse my ass! (pun intended)!

Even street racing supports know that there is a difference between a secluded country road and a major high-traffic interstate. you clearly didn't see the video as this was 2fast2furious kinda dangerous (the part on I95... not the part where they go through the empty part of town). As tempting as i am to repost it, i'm not interesting in promoting it.

Think less of me all you like. Something tells me I can live with that...

:p

JD

I came on tonight and saw this post... now I think a bit less of Joseph Dell.

Just a feeling... which I am entitled to.

Joseph Dell has never broken a speed limit... ever. He has always been on the right side of the law.

He is the epitome of a driver.

We should all take a lesson.

Joseph Dell... you are the MAN.

Of course the video is gone... same thing happened to me on this board a while back about parking at my job in my car. I had to delete a post because some idiot had to ruin a good joke/good time.

I think high horse WAS the appropriate term in this case.

If you don't agree stay out of it. Just enjoy the video and nobody said you had to save it to your computer.

Jason
viprvenm

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm no Saint but have to "reaonably" support Joe on this. I ask "where's the tipping point" regarding crossing the safe-unsafe line? Ok by one's self but not with a passenger...OK at night but not during the day...OK with an adult passenger but not with a "minor"...Ok on an interstate but not on a two-lane road...I think you get the jist...and who gives us the right to determine the criteria? I struggle with this all the time since I LOVE to do WOT blasts at some point during my cruises...and am always evaluating the safe...safe enough...not too safe...that was really stupid analysis. I'm finding I'm enjoying the screwing around less and less as I think about what my wife would think if I left her a widow with two small children just because I was out hot-rodding around. I go out and cruise for the incredible pleasure of the vehicle...and yes a big part of that is the performance abilities of the car. A constant dance with the Devil. As has been discussed time and time again regarding these cars, they will byte you when you least expect it so why tempt fate more than necessary? Its easy to rubber stamp the "Take it to the track where you have a tech inspection, the conditions are controlled, and if by chance you get bitten, crash-fire-rescue are there to assist." So the debate rages on regarding what is a resonable and prudent definition of Viper ownership and driving thereafter? Makes my brain hurt.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You make some good points and believe every Viper owner has the same dilemma. I am not against what JD is saying or attaching him in anyway. I would like the streets safer and without A-holes doing 150mph fly bys when I driving to dinner with my wife. However, I am not sure many people on this forum are guiltless enough to cast stones at other offenders. I am willing to bet that I am the most sedate driver of anyone who posted on this thread but with that said… I grapple with the same safety concern every time I get into my car.

I'm no Saint but have to "reaonably" support Joe on this. I ask "where's the tipping point" regarding crossing the safe-unsafe line? Ok by one's self but not with a passenger...OK at night but not during the day...OK with an adult passenger but not with a "minor"...Ok on an interstate but not on a two-lane road...I think you get the jist...and who gives us the right to determine the criteria? I struggle with this all the time since I LOVE to do WOT blasts at some point during my cruises...and am always evaluating the safe...safe enough...not too safe...that was really stupid analysis. I'm finding I'm enjoying the screwing around less and less as I think about what my wife would think if I left her a widow with two small children just because I was out hot-rodding around. I go out and cruise for the incredible pleasure of the vehicle...and yes a big part of that is the performance abilities of the car. A constant dance with the Devil. As has been discussed time and time again regarding these cars, they will byte you when you least expect it so why tempt fate more than necessary? Its easy to rubber stamp the "Take it to the track where you have a tech inspection, the conditions are controlled, and if by chance you get bitten, crash-fire-rescue are there to assist." So the debate rages on regarding what is a resonable and prudent definition of Viper ownership and driving thereafter? Makes my brain hurt.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So like others have said, if your going to break the LAW, whether it be 5 miles or 50 miles over the speed limit, its still breaking the law. Sure there is a difference between speeding and racing. But dont go pointing fingers if your not a Saint. No ones perfect,let each be there own. Look the other way if you dont like something,instead of crying and whining about it. Your NOT perfect either. This is after all a car enthusiasts forum.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"So like others have said, if your going to break the LAW, whether it be 5 miles or 50 miles over the speed limit, its still breaking the law. Sure there is a difference between speeding and racing. But dont go pointing fingers if your not a Saint"

Like he said Mike....
What has breaking the law by going 5 or 50 over the limit got to do with street racing?

It's just not the same.

Side by side street racing often leads to guys doing things they wouldn't do if they were just driving a little fast all by themselves.

I obey just about all the traffic laws except the speed limit. I think that's about the way most people drive, Viper or VW.
I'm reasonable in my violations of the speed limit. I drive as fast as the traffic.
If I get on the car and run it way up, I'm going to be in a place where there are no other cars and no cops.

I'm not going to blow by some guy doing double his speed and depend on him to not change lanes in front of me.

Side by side street racing is dangerous. You don't have to be a timid driver or a saint who obeys all the laws to the letter to be against side by side street racing.

To tell the truth, with all the available tracks, why would anyone do serious street racing with very fast cars?

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A hard h.w. pull is dangerous regardless if it's in a race or not. I'm not defending street race at all, but if anyone on this site says they haven't hit over 100mph pulling hard is full of it! And if you ever go to STREETFIRE at all you'll see just about every tuner on the net on there! Topics like this will never come to an agreement, so why don't we just give it up.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is a perfectly fair run since the new Vette comes from the factory already modded. It is a great feeling pulling on cars like that. I raced a black ZO6 on a 2 lane highway a couple of weeks ago and the SOB took off on the second beep of my horn! I still put a hurtin on him but what an ass.
Nice video Ron.

IEATVETS - Very nice example of illegal street racing with the black ZO6 you referred to. Hopefully your luck won't run out and you kill some innocent bystander.

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A buddy of mine was killed last weekend in his black SRT coupe (Dr Jose' Gonzales) comming from no problem raceway. He wasn't racing but he may have been showing off a bit. He passed a couple of slower moving cars but he was traveling at a high rate of speed. One of his tires went off the road and the car flipped. I remember getting into a similar situation but I had a Z06 at the time and the Yaw control saved my ass. I take that back, God saved me.

I've raced on the street but I'm ready to give it up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness