Sway Bar Link boot replacement

supra360

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello,

Wondering if anybody has done this or know where I can get a replacement sway bar link boot? The sway bar link is still good condition but the boot is torn and soon dirt, dust, and water will get in and damage the link. viperpartsofamerica sells the whole link for $165.00. But it's silly to replace it just because of a $5 boot

You must be registered for see images attach

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has been the same way for years, I was told not to bother replacing it and to leave it as is from a bunch of guys. id like to hear other opinions though!

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine are the same way. I just put some more grease in the boot when I lubed everything at 30k miles. When it fails I'll replace it unless there's a universal boot that will work.

OP
OP
S

supra360

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's what I am trying to find a universal boot that would fit, it would be a cheap quick easy fix. Search the net can't find anything. :dunno:

blackandblue01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just bite the bullet and replace all 4 links. You will be able to tell a difference. I thought the same about mine, after putting 4 new ones in the car got more stable under heavy braking. Just my 2 cents worth.

Reaction score
I have never found a replacement boot and we have replace lots of the end links for this reason, they are not cheap for sure so I understand the desire to just find the boot.

Maybe try the aftermarket for the Gen1 car, there are company's that make adjustable solutions for just about any bar.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have never found a replacement boot and we have replace lots of the end links for this reason, they are not cheap for sure so I understand the desire to just find the boot.

Maybe try the aftermarket for the Gen1 car, there are company's that make adjustable solutions for just about any bar.

What have you been using to replace the rears?

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are available here in the UK . I have just done Gen 1 rear drop links as they had split ...They work out about £2 each Pics to follow

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a patch, I wrapped aluminum foil around mine to help keep dirt out.

MADMAX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are available here in the UK . I have just done Gen 1 rear drop links as they had split ...They work out about £2 each Pics to follow

Guess they fit Gen2 as well - "put a set on my tab young man, chop chop......"
And at that price I'll have a spare set too. :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32