Synthetic Diesel Oil

rudedawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey All,I'm a Service Manager for a CDJ dealership in NY. I can get 5 Gallon Pals of BG Shear Power 15W-40 100% Synthetic Diesel Oil for $110.00 and no Tax. That's what I pay so if any of you NY,NJ Conn guys are looking for this I'll be happy to get it for you. You can come to the Dealership or my House to pick it up. That comes to 5.50 a Quart for the good stuff. You can shoot me a PM if interested.

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it 15-40 or 5-40? I don't think I've ever seen 15-40 in synthetic, only 0-40 and 5-40. :shrug:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
It's listed as 15W-40 on BG site.
..OUOTED BELOW:

BG Shear Power® HDBG Shear Power® HD is designed for use in all diesel engines. This synthetic 15W-40 oil has enhanced detergency, superior cold flow properties and excellent oxidation inhibitors. Specifically designed to allow long drain intervals, BG Shear Power® HD provides extended wear protection and remarkable deposit control capabilities, even under severe conditions. BG Shear Power® HD far exceeds all industry standards. Part No. 716 32 oz. (946 mL) bottle

SURE would like to see some REAL specs (numbers to go with above claims) before jumping on a "bargain"...noting that VCA Members in our Region can purchase oil directly from the distributor...Mobil 1 0W-40 for $5.51 per quart (price WAS good til Mar 15, 2010...slightly more now...need to get quote).

OP
OP
R

rudedawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve-Indy I never said it was some kind of a "bargain". I read on a thread that some guys were having trouble finding this oil and I am able to get it so I thought I would pass it along to the rest of the Viper guys. That price is what I pay to the penny so it's not like i'm trying to make some profit, just thought I could get it if someone needs it at a very reasonable price.

We use all BG additives in our shop and have had great success with them. The product has allways had quality so I have no reason to think this product of thiers would be any different.Also do you know if you use thier oil in every oil change once you start and can prove it with reciepts that if you have a engine failure you will get $1000.00 toward your repair. It's their written warranty for using thier products.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
rudedawg, my comments and questions were NOT meant for you personally!!! We ALL appreciate the efforts of folks such as yourself at "Viper friendly" dealerships!!!

As I have had considerable interest in motor oils for years (as an end user in Jags, Porsches, Ferrari's, Vipers, etc.) I have learned to look for the specs, "approvals", manufacturer recommendations, and comparisons of ****** vs. used oil analyses. I could not find a link to same on their site...just vague references. I also tried to track the info at Bobistheoilguy.com and found next to nothing.

So, before folks start switching oils Based on price point, I was hoping to stimulate a flow of info from others who may be closer to the source and able to post same.

Steve

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good deal for folks in your area

hard to quantify how much difference they actually make, but i like bg products

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member