T-stat CrossOver Gasket Problem

anthony1999

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi all

After not driving my car for a week I noticed Coolant leaking from the rear of the motor. Taking it to dealership... Stevens Creek Dodge in San Jose to be exact.. they said it was a Thermostat Cross-Over Gasket Problem and it needed to be replaced. Since I have the DC Added Care Plus, I told ok.. go ahead.. but somehow they said that this is not covered by the Service Contract.. Am I being taken for a ride or is there claim legitimate? Should I try another dealership? Oh.. they said $530 will ease my coolant woes... that's is on top off the 2300 DC 4 years / 48 K contract two months ago...

Thanks

Anthony

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anthony- $530.00 seems like a lot of money. I did mine myself. Very hard to get to. I had to take my intake manifold out to get at mine. Pretty common on gen I cars. The bolts loosen up over time and vibration. If you call Chuck Tator at Tator's Dodge in S.Salem, NY. He will let you know how much time and money is Specified for that service. Good luck.

OP
OP
A

anthony1999

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses everyone. I will call DC Service Contracts Inc. to see what they have to say.

Anthony

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine