Take over my lease on 02 GTS

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig, thank you for helping me out to spread the word on the alley. It really shows your class. Maybe you are the idiot as I took 1K deduction every month trough my company. Also my car was in one video with me driving with other cars...you must be a really confused kid.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must have us alley people confused. Class isn't a word we're too fond of. Thanks for the insult. What are you so worried about? I'm just some kid remember? I'm sure someone with more money than brains will step up and take it off your hands.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, in ElDiablos defense this isn't a "Viper for sale, $70k". Whether the lessee chooses to buy the car out or not is their choice. When people do that, they are generally doing it so they can get the "bugs" worked out. I.e. if the car ends up being a lemon, you give it back to the lease company, if it's really nice, you buy it out. Yeah, the total cost would be $69k, but you can deduct $28k of that if you do it through a business (which could save you $14k in tax), and the total price for everything ends up being - what - about $5k more than if you bought it today ($65k eBay buy-it-now vs. $69k over 2 years)? That's not a bad deal.

Also, maybe someone wants a new Viper now, but doesn't have the $$ to commit to a $65-70k deal. This allows you to commit $28k, and in 2 years, it would likely be easier for this person to finance $40k at that time.

Obviously if you lease a car, make all the payments and then buy it, it's not as cost effective as just buying it outright, but people aren't dumb and there is always a financial incentive to doing a lease, as ElDiablo pointed out for tax reasons, or for the other reasons I pointed out.

For someone looking to get into a late model GTS, this isn't a bad deal, IMO. ElDiablo, I am assuming it's an open end lease where you can walk away or do the buyout?

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my experience mods have always decreased the value of a car. You'll probaly find a buyer but if time is an issue you actually may be better off having them stripped and selling it as "stock".

Mods = "I drove the bejeezus out of this car!" Even if the car is MINT the ******** way of the world says that your mods prove otherwise.

It's none of my business really but I think the dig on Craig about the 1/18th was a little harsh - he was just pointing out that 70K is a lot of money for a used GTS (before the dukes came out and the *** started flying all up in this ****). For comparison, my zero milage FE was just barely a touch over that brand new last year...

Craig's a real car guy, Viper owner or not (his family is, that's gotta count if we're all keeping tabs on who's in the he-man-woman-haters club or not). He deserves more respect IMHO.

Good luck on the car though - I know how it goes running a biz and I've been there before so I know what you're feeling. When it's good, it's pretty good...when it's bad, the whole bottome falls out before you know *** hit ya.

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nexus, I'm not the one that called me names..so Craig deserves more than he got from me. Also I don't understand why is everybody looking at 70K? Yes if you take the lease to the end and buy it out the car will cost 70K but if you want to buy it now it is 62K with tax.

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike

Don't try to explain this to Craig. Leases are stupid according to Craig and have no place in this world.

Craig, over at the alley you said this post wasn't about who was trying to sell, give me a break, if anybody but El Diablo was doing this it wouldn't have even been a blip on your radar.

Brad

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike

Don't try to explain this to Craig. Leases are stupid according to Craig and have no place in this world.

Craig, over at the alley you said this post wasn't about who was trying to sell, give me a break, if anybody but El Diablo was doing this it wouldn't have even been a blip on your radar.

Brad

Haha, Craig got owned!

REMIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo, El Diablo, if there's anything we can do, let us know brutha. Keep your chin up!

REMIX

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just reading back over the start of the silliness and the first thing posted was Craig commenting on the original $70K price...with a little laugh. But he didn't call you names at first or anything...just made an opionated comment on the price is all.

Then it turned into personal crap with the 1/18th comment.

No matter. I hope it works out for ya and you get that Mosler in a few years. I'd have a hard time deciding between that and an S7...love em both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960