Taking Orders on Twin Supercharger System

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
H.H. had his CDI built motor with the twin SC by Dan at the Western Zone event. I'm pretty sure it's making some very high hp.

it made one pass and won the drag competition (1/8 mile) with the lowest et of the event AND likely the lowest trap speed. He went to shift into third gear and the clutch wouldn't disengauge so he coasted through the finish after using only 1st and 2nd gear. Dan showed some top customer service by doing an R&R on the clutch to get it back on the road that same day.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
However old the thread is, Dan's DCPerformance.com website states the twin blower setup is recommended only for cars with forged pistons and heavy duty connecting rods. It is only installed in the DC Performance shop.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it's DIY, go to DCPerformance.com and have a look. Give Dan a call..

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they will only install it at their shop and it cost $17,995 for 620RWHP (and I was told that was with exhaust mods). in comparrison; heffner can do a warrantied intercooled SC about 15K for over 700RWHP, Roe about 12K for 600RWHP

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roe S/C car I saw dynoed a couple of weeks ago at 560hp had Belangers and Corsa. (and stock cats) So what's that, about $3000 for the headers and catback combined, plus $7500 for S/C in that example.

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recall that Dan was supposed to be selling the kit for about $9995. I got in line to purchase one awhile back. He then did a 180 and said he wouldn't be selling or making this kit.

Half a year later I check out his "new" website because he kept sending me unsolicited email(s), trying to drum up business other than what pertained to what he originally promised. It is there I find he is advertising his twin supercharger kit now as a local installation only.

He calls his reneging on the "kit" a "misunderstanding". I call it being an equivocator. He bragged about his DIY kit for over a year and then chose not to deliver.

"There is nothing lower or more dispicable in this world - than a person who doesn't keep their word".

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to do such a huge change difference in price and in delivery (DIY vs in-shop only) it does make ya wonder about the product. all i can say; i wouldnt be the first few guinea pigs. of course, it could simply be like AK Viper stated above and its the person not the product that has issues, either way, its one best left alone.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bonkers:<BR><B>[Serious] Okay, I'm missing something here. What is the point of having twin SCs? I remember reading that TT is designed to have a small turbo for low RPM and a big turbo for high RPM (or vise-versa.) Does the same principal apply to SCs? [/serious]<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i'm just giving an educated guess since i have never seen a twin supercharger set up before, but i think its because 2 smaller superchargers do not have to work as hard to compress the air as one supercharger, which means that the air will not be heated as much, and will allow the car to run a bit more boost before detonation occurs.. <P>because of the cooler air in the intake, the twin system can run more boost on pump gas than a single system.. if my theory is correct, this type of set up would be pointless on most cars, but perfectly suited for the viper since an extra 2 psi can create an extra 30 hp...<P>also, the big dawgs (supra, 300zx, VR4) run twin turbos, not sequential turbos... i cant even think of anything off hand still using sequential turbos..<P>- eddie -<BR><P>

I thought the Supra came factory with sequential twin turbos? Im pretty positive about that...Anyway impressive looking system Dan :eek:

You are right, Eddie's wrong. The Supra came with twin turbos that ARE sequential. The first one comes online right off the bat, and the second at about 4500 rpm (prespooled by the first). Some wire both turbos together (ie, running parallel). Both come online at about 3500 rpm. The advantage is that it is a smoother transition (as compared to sequential, where you get a jolt... harder to control on the track). You do lack power down under, though...

Most high horsepower Supras remove the small twins, and replace with one LARGE single turbo. Much fun... probably will be the fastest car I ever own. Until I supercharge a Viper :)

OK, back to Viper discussion... just my pet peeve when people give out misinformation on the Supra. It's a great car.

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I guess I need to clarify and apologize to those who misunderstood this.

I am unsure why this post was recreated but I have not put anything on the board pertaining to this package in almost a year.

Our twin supercharger system has been put on hold except for
those customers who we took deposits from. Those who made deposits recieved the kit ( or will ) for the advertised price. Everyone who has had this system installed was happy with the results. All those with deposits were offered refunds until delivery.

Here is the story on this. I worked for over 2 years on the development of this package and had advertised it available for $9995 at the last VOI7. Shortly after the fabricator I had contracted to do the work developed a brain tumor and was unable to fufill his commitment (no bull). In order to proceed with the project I had to buy the rights to all his drawings and make all of the parts myself. This raised my cost on each package to over $15000. I installed the kits on those customers cars who I took deposits for the advertised price of $9995. For those who do not believe me just ask Kingman Hitz. Hugh Hoard or Fred Lee who all post on this board. After spending over 50k on development costs and taking a loss of over 7k on each kit I decided to put the kit on hold until I fufilled my other commitments and could
come up with realistic pricing. I still have two systems I have promised that I will supply at a loss. All others who have been interested I have quoted the 17k price that would allow me a 15 % profit.

I wish to apologize to all of those who were waiting for this kit.
For those who have worked with me over the past few years I believe you all know that I have always conducted myself with pride and integrity. When there is a problem I have always resolved it, even if it was at my own expense. I have been in the Viper business for over 10 years and have never been sued or in court. This work is a labor of love for me, if it wasn't I would not be in this business.

To clarify, our twin system is now on hold until we fill our secured orders. Our single system is available and we are currently doing installations.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like a fair good honest answer to me. I'd be spitting tacks losing $7k per pre-order - sorry you got burned on this.

A twin blower set-up has little to do with bang for buck - it has everything to do with good looks and an improvement in cfm per boost at a cost of more crank hp required to turn two blowers.

The pic of the setup looks really good.

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Dan should be commended for standing behind his word and shipping those orders that he took at a loss. That's unheard of.