Taurus meets Viper :(

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yuck, so sorry to hear about that....I would start with calling Ted May at Valaya Racing in San Jose (408) 448-8811.

He is the South Bay Viper Man. I don't think he does body work, but he will have a reference.

Tomer

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I know viper damage is a tramatic thing to experience but look on the bright side, if it had been your hood she might have been totaled...

Reaction score
There is a shop in Campbell that is a perfection shop. They repaired a Green RT that was almost totaled. It came back better then new. I will try to get the info tomorrow. They painted Rocky's Miata which has won its class at the Oakland Hot Rod Show.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya damage is not too bad. Can the fiberglass be repaired properly or should I insist on new OEM door and qtr panel? Any opinions?

Regards,
---Wayne.

Wayne,
Insist on all new factory parts and nothing less. You may say that the damage is "not too bad," but remember you're dealing with a different animal. Vipers are extremely expensive to repair. Consider that a new hood is somewhere in the neighborhood of 18K, or a front facia is around 10K. Don't let the other party's insurance company try to short change you. Go with a shop that has experience in Vipers. Sorry about your misfortune and good luck.

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. It's not fiberglass - it's SMC and much different than fiberglass.

2. NO REPAIR. They screwed it up so they can put it back the way it was.

3. Find a shop that knows Viper repair. We have one here in Raleigh, NC and you may want to consider shipping the car somewhere that knows exactly what they are doing.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New parts all the way, those panels have never been trashed before the wreck have they? No. Why would you let it be repaired, make them replace the panels.

If they repair the damage you will kick yourself later down the road.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper