Team Heffner and TX2k5

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to say how proud I am of the entire team. EVERYONE gave their all and NEVER complained once. The team overcame MANY hurdles just to get the car ready by the race and more at the race.

We had the quickest and fastest car at the event but the new driver and new combination were not quite ready, yet. In the second round, against [******], I staged the car in second gear instead of first and rolled through the lights since the tranny brake only works in 1st. Totally my fault and it will NEVER happen again.

The car did run strong right off the trailer. With a mild tune it ran 8.29 at 176 with a 1.45 sixty. Just a nice lazy launch and away it went. Second pass we put some power to it but the track got worse from all the radials and I pedaled it twice to another 8.29. The car has a lot left in it.

This race gave me even more appreciation for Team Heffner's last outing when we showed up with a BRAND NEW combo and ran consistent 8's with a 6-speed and had ZERO issues.

Now we are beginning to push the envelope and things will happen occasionally. But with this team, there are very few things that can't be overcome.

The Team, undeniably the absolute best at what they do:

I would like to thank Jason Heffner for doing whatever it took to supply me with a winning car. The car must be experienced in person to appreciate the level of quality, detail and power you have put into it. Thank you to your wife Lanell for supporting you and putting up with your (and my) obsession.

Thank you John for all the work you have and continue to put into this car. Your skills and determination are impressive. Jason is very lucky to have you part of Heffners Performance.

Thank you Gary Almond for continually impressing me with the level of service you give. You are the only company that moves the Big Heffner TT because you are the most conscientious, careful and motivated transporter out there. You actually beat the the next-day-air packages to TX from FL! And your level of support every step of the way was above and beyond.

Thank you Job Spetter for your guidance every step of the way and tuning at the track. Your knowledge and experience is truly remarkable and an unbelievable resource. Even though you couldn't make the race, you were always available by phone to lend a hand.

Thank you Ward Reasoner for lending your facility including lift, tools, fluids, etc for the first round of tranny repairs. I'm sure it was a nuisance having us there for days while your business was open but you never once said a word. And thanks for coming out to lend a hand and just have fun.

Thank you Nikki (my wife, don't worry Norm) for supporting me, keeping me positive and making the trip that much more fun, relaxing and enjoyable. I wouldn't do it without you.

Thank you Peter Blach (houstonT) for putting on this first class event. I was good to finally meet you and we all thoroughly enjoyed your event. Sorry you had to have a Supra win Unltd. Everyone, this event is the best event you will ever see for street cars. Make sure you don't miss it next year.

I have my own fast-paced company and don't impress easily but everyone mentioned above has truly impressed me and is without question the very best available anywhere, period. I am very proud just to be a part of the team.

Thanks RSI for helping Peter with the sponsorship and good seeing you guys again.

I would also like to thank everyone that came by and/or sent best wishes. It really means a lot. It was great meeting some of the VA posters and Supra racers and seeing some old friends again. One of the big things I personally learned this weekend is that there is A LOT more to racing than just racing. Hanging out with and meeting new friends before, during and after the race was just as valuable.

This was one of my all-time best racing experiences even though we did not "win" in the common sense of the word, I think we all won. What a week!

We are still on our quest for the sevens. It is a little more difficult than I expected but will be that much sweeter when we achieve it.

Chad

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad,
ok you said you were going to crush my time and you did by .200! Congrats! :D First ones to sevens now eh? :p

Everyone Chad mentioned great job! :2tu:

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chad - It was a pleasure to finally meet you. Your car is bad a$$!! Better luck mechanically next time! And, I know, there will be a next time. :)

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Chad! :2tu:

Keep chasing down the 7s and doing it in front of the Competition!! :headbang:

Gotta Love it!! :headbang: :headband: :headbang:

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Chad!! I hang out with a lot of Supra Guys in my local area and they all can't stop raving how wicked your viper is!

I saw it last fall when I was down at Heffner's for the day, and that is one bad A$$ machine.

Heffner does seem like a great guy to have in your corner and if I can ever muster up the $ he would be my first and only choice. :2tu:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm...Was the Supra a full drag Supra or a lightened street supra? Regardless, this Viper is out of control..176mph is an ignorant mph for a streetcar..Jezuz man, are you gonna give anyone else a chance :cool: ...Congrats to you both...Imagine the numbers if this car weighed 2700lbs like the Supra..yikes

OP
OP
C

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Full drag Supra on slicks but did have an IRS. They weigh somewhere around 3000-3100 pounds with driver. Basically, we have a big motor and they have weight savings. It ends up being remarkably fair.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Full drag Supra on slicks but did have an IRS. They weigh somewhere around 3000-3100 pounds with driver. Basically, we have a big motor and they have weight savings. It ends up being remarkably fair.

Chad, I have a feeling it WON'T be FAIR for much longer, if you and Jason keep up what you're doing!! :p

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for everything Chad! What an awesome car! I can't wait for the next round of record-breaking action. You and Nikki are extremely generous and I enjoyed hanging out with the baddest Viper on the planet! By the way, it arrived a few minutes ago safe and sound!