Texas raising the speed limit to 85

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Texas is definitely awesome. Originally I really liked the state because of the Castle Law they have which every state should have, and now this new law just makes the state that much better :2tu:

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your headed west from San Antonio its not hard to find at all, and just to make it Eco-friendly you can see wind mills around Ozona! Drive takes you close to the sight of the annual Big Bend Open Road Race.

Richard

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good old Texas...where the tea is sweet and accents are sweeter, summer starts in April, front porches are wide and words are long, macaroni & cheese is a vegetable, BBQ is the state food, y'all is a proper pronoun, chicken is fried, biscuits come with gravy, everyone is honey, someone is always getting their heart blessed, and we are all "fixin" to do something.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still too slow. We should be able to buy a vehicle registration that has "speed exempt" on the tag for certain types of roads. I'd pay $1k a year for registration like that!! When I used to ride bikes, 85 was right where the bike came into its own. Anything slower seemed like crawling.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's like other speed limits that means actual speed of average traffic will be 90 to 100 mph. Great for Vipers, but I don't think "average" cars can sustain those speeds long without mechanical problems can they?

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still too slow. We should be able to buy a vehicle registration that has "speed exempt" on the tag for certain types of roads. I'd pay $1k a year for registration like that!! When I used to ride bikes, 85 was right where the bike came into its own. Anything slower seemed like crawling.

I 100% agree with this, and actually thought about something similar to this before. :)

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's like other speed limits that means actual speed of average traffic will be 90 to 100 mph. Great for Vipers, but I don't think "average" cars can sustain those speeds long without mechanical problems can they?

I was thinking that too... if you can go 85 easily, no one is gonna steadily be checking it to make sure they don't exceed that unless they have cruise control set for "85". Ton's of people would be going in the 90s on average. :smirk:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang