Texas State DPS Troopers apparently like the V

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a no front tag warning ticket Friday on the way down to Austin and one coming back today. Both troopers were super cool and asked all about the car. One commented he thought it was black until he was seeing it up close, even commented what a nice paint job it was. Both were driving Hemi Chargers.. Wonder if there is brand loyalty among Troopers? LOL Incidentally, neither one commented that I was 80 in a 75, just the front tag. The Trooper today kind of chuckled when I handed him the warning I got Friday. He took the Friday warning and didn't even ask for DL, Ins, or registration, maybe it saved him a little time? I know this isn't a big deal but typically Texas DPS Troopers have very little sense of humor, they are usually all business. Between that and the vettes, stangs and camaros I spanked while in Austin, the V had a good outing. :D

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man are you lucky from the Pin Heads as they are known. Of all the numerous agencies running around in Texas compared to any other states, DPS are the worst for issuing tickets for almost anything, and the lowest paid. Count your blessings. I cannot stand them. They also love to cruise around more higher end areas that can afford to pay the tickets. You will never see them in the so called bad areas where they might have real problems either.

Last edited:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it were here, they coulda just thanked u for paying their salary with your tax dolla's....but TX has no state income tax so inapplicable.

and as for the pick on the wealthy because they can afford it mentality, that's exactly what is ruining this country; disgraceful.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, I live in NYC and have Never had a front plate on my Viper or Corvette since 1997. The Corvette is the "look at me yellow" color so gets tons of stares BUT never a ticket or even a warning....And I park the corvette on the street every day and all night......go figure ???

OP
OP
H

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the last 14 years I've had only a couple of warnings for that in my '99 ACR and I felt those too were more for the Troopers to take a look at the car than because they intending to give me a green stamp for it. (warnings are white stamps) Both warnings this past weekend I definitely got that feeling. Never got any warnings or tickets in either ZO6 or the Diablo for that matter. Guess they didn't want to see those cars. LOL Haven't been pulled over for that in the Shelby either.

Supposedly a new front license plate law here in Texas that goes into effect 9/1/13 provides that no penalty be accessed for the violation but it is still cause for a traffic stop. Kind of weird.

Cop talk about it: http://forums.officer.com/t186936/

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the last 14 years I've had only a couple of warnings for that in my '99 ACR and I felt those too were more for the Troopers to take a look at the car than because they intending to give me a green stamp for it. (warnings are white stamps) Both warnings this past weekend I definitely got that feeling. Never got any warnings or tickets in either ZO6 or the Diablo for that matter. Guess they didn't want to see those cars. LOL Haven't been pulled over for that in the Shelby either.

Supposedly a new front license plate law here in Texas that goes into effect 9/1/13 provides that no penalty be accessed for the violation but it is still cause for a traffic stop. Kind of weird.

Cop talk about it: http://forums.officer.com/t186936/
Thanks for posting this new info. The replies seem kind of vague but maybe now I can run without that goofy rubber facia mount for the plate. Will look for an official announcement next month.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to me last week ( except I was warned about speeding a bit over ). Realized the officer just wanted to chat and told me what a cool car I had ---driving a new Dodge Charger, so gotta believe he is a MoPar maniac, ha,ha.

Have had numerous warnings over the front plate , law , but now there is an option in Nebraska to get a special interest plate for cars that are commonly used for car shows, collections, track events, etc. If you are from our State, ask for the new form for a Special Interest plate and you will only have to place on the rear of the car ( $50 for the privilege which is actually less than charged for a personalized plate - $75 )

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to move to Texas !! I just found out that Texas had the highest legal speed limit. That and they vote like a RED state.... yah baby !! I need to get out of NY ASAP. Its killing me here.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to move to Texas !! I just found out that Texas had the highest legal speed limit. That and they vote like a RED state.... yah baby !! I need to get out of NY ASAP. Its killing me here.

Not for long. We are being overrun my yuppy liberals freeing their broke liberal states. I can't count the numerous people I've met from California and all over the East Coast moving to Houston over the past 4-5 years. First thing I tell them is welcome, and please do not vote on the state/local level. Don't f-up my state. That and our Hispanic population votes 70-80% liberal because they don't know any better. It's always funny when employees come to about a question only to learn that who they voted for answers it. i.e. "Why did my paycheck decrease 2%?!?!?"

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not for long. We are being overrun my yuppy liberals freeing their broke liberal states. I can't count the numerous people I've met from California and all over the East Coast moving to Houston over the past 4-5 years. First thing I tell them is welcome, and please do not vote on the state/local level. Don't f-up my state. That and our Hispanic population votes 70-80% liberal because they don't know any better. It's always funny when employees come to about a question only to learn that who they voted for answers it. i.e. "Why did my paycheck decrease 2%?!?!?"

yes, possibly, but live in NYCity and you will see how it can be so much worse.....

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said and I have seen the same thing over the years for Texas aka Mexico del Norte, sad to say. Its getting like Florida or better known as "Flahidah" (another great place I lived for years) before you know who invaded that state.

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
running around calif with no front plate...never been pulled over.

when driving back from texas, hit it for a few seconds saw 100. cop on the other side of the freeway crossed the grass median, and chased me down. all i had was a weird paper ohio temp plate. he followed me for a bit, then pulled up next to me and gave me a head nod. He proceeded to fly ahead of me, and take the next offramp, cross the freeway and went back the way he was originally going.

got pulled over in calif for doing something like 75 in a 35. it was some industrial area on a sunday morning so no one around. got a stern talking too. he told me my car was beautiful, to take it to track, and that i got a $1000 gift from the sherif's department and let me go. Only time I've been pulled over. I actually rarely speed. I just wasn't paying attention and gunned it in second for too long...

Hemotoxic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, I live in NYC and have Never had a front plate on my Viper or Corvette since 1997. The Corvette is the "look at me yellow" color so gets tons of stares BUT never a ticket or even a warning....And I park the corvette on the street every day and all night......go figure ???
You are bribing them with bison.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4