Thank You, Chuck Tator!

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those who know me, know that I am more than a little particular about my cars, so I was very concerned about where to take my 2000 GTS for the 999 recall service. After hearing so many good things about Tator's, I made an appointment, and left the car with him on 12/7. Chuck even allowed me to leave my trailer there to avoid pulling it both ways. First of all, seeing his dealership is worth the trip itself. Chuck is a super guy and I was absolutely comfortable in leaving my car with him. The car was done in a couple days, but my tow vehicle developed a transmission issue the following week and I could not return for the Viper until this past Saturday. I can't thank you enough Chuck, for the great service on my Viper, but also for the hospitality you showed us when we were there. Chuck even secured some unusual parts needed for my '72 Scamp restoration. Thanks again!

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok Matt, since we traded appointment slots, how about a little detail on the actual 999 recall work. I know Chuck's work is outstanding, but let's hear a bit about the recall itself.

OP
OP
M

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, as I understand it, there are three reinforcements that are installed between the rack's bracket and the frame rails. Two are installed with structural rivets..the other is welded. Then, the area needs to be painted. I know there is more to it than that, like removing wheels, a rad hose, and some grinding, but I understand this is the procedure. I know that Chuck does a most thorough job, even more than the factory demands. He told me that this repair takes twice the time that DC allows to do the job correctly. You are certainly welcome to stop by and take a look.

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too recognize that Chrysler frequently does not reimburse equitably for warranty work. So when my engine went in for a rebuild, I gave my Viper tech a $100 bill at the outset with the promise of another when he began to install the rebuild.

He did an outstanding job and I felt statisfied that I have demonstrated my appreciation for his efforts.

We all want quality work and I think we should reward it with some form of gratuity.

I called Chuck Tator to get his advice on my plan prior to implementing it, and he agreed that it was nice gesture.

Just my opinion......

Don

UVBINBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well i finally bought my baby a 96 white r/t10 and well it need alittle work chuck had my baby back 2 new in no time the service was great and the best part was the time chuck took to go over everything with me. i would not bring my car any where else. thanks again chuck for all the help

jon

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,
You are very welcome!
I look at it this way: When a Viper gets to my shop it's mine, meaning I treat it like it's my own! Do it right the first time!

Joe,
Good thing your dropping off your Viper, you might not want to watch what I'm going to do to her!
supergrin.gif

Steve,
No new news on your SRT? Good news NO LUX TAX!!

Don,
Call any time, I'm always here! Thanks

Jon,
That's the way a Viper should run!!
BURNOUT.gif
Thank You!

A Merry Christmas to all, and a Happy New Year!!

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are REALLY lucky to have a guy like Chuck in your area!! Chuck, thanks for all your help, and when are you moving to the Chicagoland area????

hail[1].gif
hail[1].gif
driving.gif
driving.gif

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Birvini! Chuck needs to relocate the whole operation to CENTRAL location! Chicago would be OK by me, what's the diff anyway, NY or Chicago?
dunno.gif

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snake Bitten:
I'm with Birvini! Chuck needs to relocate the whole operation to CENTRAL location! Chicago would be OK by me, what's the diff anyway, NY or Chicago?
dunno.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe I'll have to call Dr.Brigitti Boisselier @ "Clonaid"!
laugh.gif

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viper Wizard:
Maybe I'll have to call Dr.Brigitti Boisselier @ "Clonaid"!
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And to think I thought cloning was a bad idea!!!!!