Thank you Dodge!!

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was one of the first to post realistic comments on this board to DCX about what I wanted in the new Viper. I asked for:
[*] More sedate appearance
[*] Lighter weight
[*] better brakes
[*] Alcantra seat inserts
[*] True roadster design

What I got was that and more. The fit and finish is far better than my old GTS.
The view out the front is superb, and the sound of that engine burbling out the sidepipes is something to behold. This is a true marriage of German subtlety and American brute force. The interior feels up to the price and performance of this fine beast.

I know everyone who has silver or black has posted saying that their color is best, but this red is superior. No wonder this was the color of the show mules- it is very loud. I know my first look came in the setting sun, which will favor reds, but the look is first rate. A big thank you to Bill Pemberton and Woodhouse Dodge who has made this buying experience an absolute pleasure.

<font color="red"> </font>

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you really ask for a more sedate appearance? Interesting... If you would be so kind as to ask for 600 horsepower next time, I am sure many here would be grateful. :D

Now, if you don't mind: PICTURES!! I have seen a few silver pictures straggling in and Lord knows I have seen just a few in black, but hardly any red besides a couple dealer-delivery photos. Definitely a beautiful color - not that there is a bad one in the bunch!

Congrats on your new ride, and be sure to let us know your impressions as you get to know your new Viper and get some seat time.

Chris

OP
OP
T

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More sedate appearance? you bet!

I bought my GTS because of how it drove, not because of the appearance. It had all the outrageousness of a Countach without the Italian soul. I found that a good thing, BTW. It had grunt and the handling was excellent in my mind. Two things really bothered me about that car however, first the brakes needed work, and second, I was tired of all the attention from teenage boys. Contrary to popular belief in my town, I did not buy that car because of a perverse attraction to teenage boys, and I was not going through a mid-life crisis. The clown-shoe was just too outrageous for me.

Since the road to my house is a very narrow winding country lane, I had BillP's delivery team meet me at the local Albertsons and had the car offloaded there. Now, every time that I drove the GTS up there for refuelling, I would get mobbed by ricers, posers, teenagers on skateboards, and older muscle car fans. Yesterday, a much smaller and different crowd formed around this car. The Ricers circled by and didn't bother to stop, neither did the teenagers. Perhaps the car is too new for the recognition it deserves. The people who stopped and looked got out of German &amp; Japanese sedans or old pickup trucks and they all wanted to know "what it it?"

Chris, I will post more pics when I get some better lighting. The shots I got as the sun went down don't do this car justice. Here is one of my son waiting for it to roll off the trailer. The look on his face is exactly how I felt. Forgive the huge size, I haven't had a chance yet to shrink this to a more practical size.
You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960