The $10K question

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenneth;

Where are you going to find an 08' for $84K? That is a base price before any Viper options. My 06' had an MSRP of almost $92K with full load options. I am willing to bet that almost every 08' Viper coming out will have full load options with the new Razor type wheels, stripes, etc. That brings it up to somewhere around $94K, plus taxes, license fee, etc. with the extra interior pieces, Nav, interior leather, options, etc. Sorry but that is closer to a $30K difference when you really add everything up. Also with those mods your 05' is 675 RWHP, thus think the difference is even greater at the crank.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm getting my 08 for just under 84k with the following options,wp7,cd7 and adb... there are still some good people out there

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kenneth;

Where are you going to find an 08' for $84K? That is a base price before any Viper options. My 06' had an MSRP of almost $92K with full load options. I am willing to bet that almost every 08' Viper coming out will have full load options with the new Razor type wheels, stripes, etc. That brings it up to somewhere around $94K, plus taxes, license fee, etc. with the extra interior pieces, Nav, interior leather, options, etc...

'08s can be ordered for less than MSRP -- just shop around -- don't make the mistake of thinking you 'can't touch one' because of some ebay hype ... you'll be pleasently surprised (and have your checkbook ready) :2tu:

OP
OP
M

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm getting my 08 for just under 84k with the following options,wp7,cd7 and adb... there are still some good people out there
Congratulations! Sounds like a great deal. I can't understand your abbreviations for the options though. Would you please clarify the options?. Thanks.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wp7-H rims
cd7-2 tone interior
adb-protection group

i believe the most expensive option is the stripes 3,000

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok... so 84k plus taxes and license... close to 92k in california! (8.25%)
sorry... that is a turbo'd 06 that would smoke anything.

And I LOVE how people are already comparing the cars and times when there is not even an 08 out....

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i thought of adding more hp to my previous gen 3 but the gearbox(2nd & 3rd) was to clunky and slow for me...i think most of us are buying the 08 for the other drivetrain upgrades. OH, and the new car smell of course

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the order. Without asking the dealer name, were you able to order/purchase below MSRP?

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The diference between invoice and msrp is 6800, i am closer to invoice

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your order. I look foward to the day I see a green/black 08 in person. Good luck getting any sleep while you wait for that wild ride.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beware that your dealer can actually get a SERIAL number for a car, or else he's just HOPING to get you a Viper.

Things need in order to be sure u're dealer can order an 08 according to a reputable dealer/sponsor of this site

1. Viper tech - my dealer has this
2. Decent volume of srt sales - now my dealer has sold one viper befor but does not have a decent volume of srt sales - so he knows a few people and after 10 days dodge promised him he could order one and only one 08

and yes i have my serial number

Attachments

• woot.gif
    woot.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 18
  • zoom.gif
    zoom.gif
    16.9 KB · Views: 13

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok guys, I have made a decision. I am a tight *** and that is why I was looking at an 06, but in reality, I would have liked a VOI9 or a VCA. I agonized over and over and kept trying to justify the extra cash, but I really could not justify it on a rational basis. All the replies have merit both pro and con, but in the end the 08 won me over. I am happy to report that I actually placed an order late this afternoon for an 08 coupe. I appreciate everybody's input. :2tu:
I am right behind you dude...what color did you order?

viperjer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been told by several Dodge people, keep my 06 until next summer and I will be glad I did.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been told by several Dodge people, keep my 06 until next summer and I will be glad I did.

My order was accepted on May 1, but at the rate things are progressing, I may still have my 06 next summer, too! Seriously, I hope SRT waits until all is right before building these cars. There is more going on here than supplier delays. SRT has found something wrong, and is trying to fix it, or hopefully is fixing it.