The 2009 VCA sponsored December race...................

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad, could have been a great event. Remember how many cars used to show up at the Bradenton event 4-5 years ago.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We certainly are going through some kind of transitional period. Most of our posts involve more running of the mouth than cars these days. Maybe give it a try again in March or April. Thanks for the effort either way.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could rent rockingham and we could hold it there if someone is interested

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year we had just over 40 people participating. I wish I was able to lend a hand this year as in past years. In conjunction with IvanHo we are planning another event for Feb. After this month I will have the time to invest & with Ivans help it will be awesome.

Here is our video from last year.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvgN_iQBtIc[/media]

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those were great times.

too bad it got all *****

:(

Yes indeed....the good old days.

I think things got a little too serious for some. It chased away all the stock to slightly modified cars that just wanted to have some fun and hang out.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year we had just over 40 people participating. I wish I was able to lend a hand this year as in past years. In conjunction with IvanHo we are planning another event for Feb. After this month I will have the time to invest & with Ivans help it will be awesome.

Here is our video from last year.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvgN_iQBtIc[/media]
Great video!!! Thanks for posting Richie.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prepaid several weeks ago and never made your list. I sent to John Canal, check and entry form.I thought he probly kept you updated as far as the paid list. I am really DISAPOINTED about this race being canceled. I have not had anything else on my mind but this race.....sic sic..The way this forum was going, it sounded like lots of interest and people planning to be there and race. Very unhappy viper owner here........."LETS RACE"...
don't just talk about it. :mad: :dunno: :nono:

mr viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, as hard as it is for me to say this, it looks like we will have to cancel the race. We just couldn't get enough people to participate. I don't know if it was the economy, time of year or just the apathy towards drag racing, :(. The race is off and I don't think it will happen again. It's really too bad because the facility at Valdosta is amazing!

If you have sent in a check to John Canal, please email or PM him if you want it back or if he can rip it up.

I want to thank all the sponsors for stepping up and supporting the VCA and it's members:

GREG GOOD CYLINDER HEADS IN HOUSTON, TX :2tu:
Greg Good Racing - Coming Soon

RINGGOLD DODGE IN RINGGOLD, GA :2tu:
www.ringgoldcdj.com

ARRON SCOTT AT SOUTH GEORGIA CORVETTES :2tu:
www.sgvette.com

GARY MEYER FROM GEM ENTERPRISES :2tu:
GEM Enterprises - Home

GARY JAVO IN SAVANNAH, GA- SIT AND SLEEP MATTRESS:2tu:
www.sitandsleep.net

PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT THESE SPONSORS ARE NOT THE USUAL BIG PLAYERS, BUT STILL ARE VERY DEDICATED TO THE VIPER COMMUNITY.

MOST OF THE BIGGER PLAYERS DECLINED TO HELP WITH OUR LITTLE RACE :(

KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN YOU ARE LOOKING FOR:

PERFORMANCE HEADS(GREG GOOD)
ELECTRONICS OF ANY KIND(GEM ENTERPRISES)
BEDS, BEDDING OR MAYBE A BIG SOFT CHAIR(SIT AND SLEEP)
ANY NEW DODGE PRODUCT OR MAYBE EVEN A REALLY COOL USED ONE :2tu:

WOW! I'm sorry to hear this, I really thought this was going to go down. Props to the sponsors that DID step up. :usa:

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The timing was the issue for me. If it had been a week or 2 earlier I could have made it (and would have). :crazy2: