The Biggest Viper Myth: The Viper Handling myth

TBarrow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a Porsche 911 that I have tracked at different DE events, Well my wife bought me a Gen 3 and I mentioned bringing it to the track on Sunday after having the 911 out all day on Saturday. I was told by everyone that I was going to wreck it, It does not handle well, and it has to much power. Well I had a friend that races, drive it for me the first time as everyone had my doubting the car. George that races Porsche only loved the Viper, he said it was real neutral and was designed for the track, The brakes were better than the 911, we came off the front straight at 165. he had a blast showing up in the rearview mirrors of the same car and them signaling us to pass again. I did get it on the track myself and loved how it handled. The great thing was when walking around the garages I would hear the occasional "did you hear the Viper on the track" I have never had the oppurtunity to own or drive a Gen 1 or 2 but would like to have an ACR as well.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I have never had the oppurtunity to own or drive a Gen 1 or 2 but would like to have an ACR as well.

I hate to admit it, but your Gen3 is probably the better handling, better braking, more powerful and generally competent track car. If you drive a Gen2 ACR, you'll probably think, "whats the mater with the brakes?

At a Zone Rendevous, I drove a Gen3, and could not get over at how great the brakes were. 60-0 in 97 feet! Sheesh, my contacts almost came out! Phenomenal, world-class, if not world-beating brakes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte