The Car Show

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am watching the Car Show on Speed tonight. They brought up the Viper coming back in 2013. The fat bald guy dissed the Viper. Dan from the WSJ seemed to like Vipers. Later in the show they ran into a black and white RT/10 that was seized from a drug dealer. The bald fat guy had to show his ass again. Looks like they were having a good time picking on Vipers.:mad: I think I will spend my time watching something else besides the Car Show from now on and will not be seeing products that the advertisers are paying for me and others to see that would have been watching the Car Show. Sounds like a foregone opportunity to me.

Last edited:

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Everyone likes to through their own 2 cents in. Some times good some times bad. If everyone loved them, they won't seem so great to us. See, just my 2 cents.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they do that stuff on purpose, the next time it will be a all vipers rule show, its just all fake bs crap to make the show creative, entertainment stuff

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kind of hated that show at first, but I'm slowly warming up to it. For me the bottom line is that it's a car show and that's good, and it's still better than most car shows. If Adam could be speak about 80% less than he currently does, the show would be much better.

We all know that a Viper is a different kind of car and that most people don't get it. What the Viper lacks in comfort and practicality, it more than makes up for in looks, the thrill of driving, and "Ring" credibility. Even the foremost anti-American car guy, Jeremy Clarkson, had to admit that he loved the Viper- even after spending 5 minutes complaining about it.

~Jay

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like The Car Show, or at least I did until last night, even though it's a Top Gear BBC rip off. It's what the Top Gear USA should have been, in stead of the crap that it is.
Anyway, regarding the Viper, they seemed kind of ill-informed on it's status. That means that someone is not doing their job of keeping the media informed on how great the car really is. Let's see if they ever get the word out about the new 'Ring record.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Matt's comments were really un-informed and demeaning...however I'm not one to take the opinion of a bald, fat, ignorant mouthpiece who has poor taste in cars. Not everyone is intelligent and "gets it", cause if they did, they'd be charging $250k for every Viper and there'd be a 2 year waiting list.

Regards,
Aaron

jsarker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I will spend my time watching something else besides the Car Show from now on ...
This is the same conclusion I came to after watching one episode of the show earlier this month. I gave Top Gear USA 3 episodes, but, unfortunately, my feelings were the same for that show. So now I'm stuck only watching Top Gear UK; fortunately, even episodes I've previously watched are still entertaining. :)

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the same conclusion I came to after watching one episode of the show earlier this month. I gave Top Gear USA 3 episodes, but, unfortunately, my feelings were the same for that show. So now I'm stuck only watching Top Gear UK; fortunately, even episodes I've previously watched are still entertaining. :)

I think if you watch Top Gear USA's more current episodes you might find something to like. It was pretty lame the the only car that beat the Viper on their test track was a half million dollar race car. Top Gear UK wouldn't count that. Other than that, The guys on Top Gear USA are growing on me. It's significantly better than the first few seasons of Top Gear UK. I think Top Gear Season USA continues to develop then season 3 will be on par with the UK show.

~Jay

jsarker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^ Glad to hear there is some improvement in the show. I will have to check out some more recent episodes and give it another shot.

-Jon

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kind of hated that show at first, but I'm slowly warming up to it. For me the bottom line is that it's a car show and that's good, and it's still better than most car shows. If Adam could be speak about 80% less than he currently does, the show would be much better.

We all know that a Viper is a different kind of car and that most people don't get it. What the Viper lacks in comfort and practicality, it more than makes up for in looks, the thrill of driving, and "Ring" credibility. Even the foremost anti-American car guy, Jeremy Clarkson, had to admit that he loved the Viper- even after spending 5 minutes complaining about it.

~Jay
If Adam didn't speak at all the show would be better.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive watched both the car show and the US Top Gear and they both annoy me. The Top gear is terrible and if they got rid of that idiot Corolla on The car show it would be a lot better. I have no idea how they could think he is funny?

aviatorone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't change anything or anyone on US Top Gear, UK Top Gear or The Car Show. There all entertaining, and the hosts are pretty F'ing funny.

Can't please everyone, there will always be haters......and some folks are just negitive on everything. lol

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think they dissed the Viper too bad. I think it's kinda cool that a bunch of guys with their own show about cars don't know much about the Viper... They actually knew more about the CTSV on the Nurburgring than the car that just conquered it AGAIN. If Vipers didn't have that ominous mysterious image they wouldn't be half as much fun to own. As far as the show goes none of them hold a candle to UK Top Gear. There's only one Clarkson.