The Dream is Now Reality

Black Mamba 149

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after years of dreaming and waiting for the day, I finally picked up my 2004 Black Mamba #149 from Premier Sportscars in Springfield Missouri. The haggled price was right and these guys absolutely knew there stuff on higher end cars. I couldn't help but smile the entire 250 mile trip back home. I have had a 427 MTI Corvette before this beast and there is no way I would go back, even though at the time I thought the vette was it. Some quick thoughts though. I love how when you sit in traffic with this thing that out of the front gills on the hood you can see the heat distorting the view, meaning that this beast is ready to breath fire. The interior feels like a SPORTSCAR, not a fast car that has to have luxury. Sit inside a 360 Modena and it is like the Viper, all business. There are no automatic seats, cruise control or electric gadgets everywhere. You are here to DRIVE an ultimate car and experience its power. As soon as I can come back down off this high I will join the VCA on Monday, but for now I'm off to find some GM food for my snake.....WOW!

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new car. I also joined the club last week. Good times every since.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! The Black Mamba is one of my favorite Viper configurations on the planet. Hopefully you have been lurking here a bit and know some of the things to watch out for. Even with a high-powered Vette in your past, the Viper makes an ungodly amount of torque right off the bat. Too much go pedal on a turn and the car will bite you. General rule of thumb is to stomp it only on the straights until you get used to the torque. You should also consider a driving class or school such as Viper Days to get a better idea of the car's limits. There is a Viper Days event up in Iowa this coming weekend and there will be a ton of Vipers there. http://www.viperdays.com

Also, be sure to attend the Southwest Zone Rendezvous coming up in Kansas City June 24-26. You can drag race, autocross, and even get your Viper out on the Speedway for some nice runs on a NASCAR track. The details can be found here:

http://www.kansascityvca.com/2005zr/index.php

Premier Sportscars will be exhibiting at the Speedway during the Rendezvous and will have some cool cars there to check out as well. Here is the registration form for the Viper Club Southwest Zone Rendezvous:

http://www.kansascityvca.com/swzr.pdf

You will need the free Adobe Reader for this file if you don't already have it:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Then be sure to fax your information to National as listed on the bottom of the form. Note that if you want to drive the NASCAR stock cars around the Kansas Speedway, you had better register fast - they are filling up quickly.

Again, congrats on your new Viper and enjoy it as much as we do!

Chris

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your new Mamba! I just moved from BA to Edmond a couple of months ago. Send me a PM if you want some info on the best Viper techs in the Tulsa area, etc.

TOPGON

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations I lived in Tulsa for just under 20 years and as you know there is lots of open country roads just perfect for your Viper like up around Grand Lake. I love the Mamba as well. You will find this site very helpful with factual responses to all inquires. I don't think the high will go away for a long time.

Reaction score
Congratulations and Welcome!

Join the VCA and meet a bunch of great Viperholics. And of course enjoy the vendor discounts from Skip Barber, Helmet City, Viper Days, etc.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
"Congratulations! The Black Mamba is one of my favorite Viper configurations on the planet."

Chris, you are a wise man...
Welcome and congratulations Jeffery.

OP
OP
B

Black Mamba 149

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the weekend has come and gone and this is one fun car. I was used to getting looks in the 1998 PaceCar corvette, but this is entirely different. I have seen cars in my rear view mirror whipping in and out of traffic at high speeds just to get a closer look at the car. Now I have to just fight the mod fever and keep the warrenty intact.