The Feeling of My first 9 second Pass

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to take a post and break it down the way it feels. I was ready to let Tom Welch Drive the car SUnday Morning but he was busy helping another racer with his Diff. so i decided to go warm the car up. Take an easy trip down the track to make sure everything is well. We tighten the belt first thing that morning, due to the fact it only pulled 822 RWHP at the dyno it was loose. I could only dream of the next few moments.

I went to stage and everyone was like go hard and get it done and i said no this is just warm up. Well did a smokey burnout and stage in the lights and next thing you know the car hooked liked never before. (ALmost scared me, but this time i kept in it) I knew the run was good because the speedometer was further over but it did not register the speed I was goin. I recieved my ticket and thought it was the wrong ticket. well I got really excited when I seen my name on the side that said 151 MPH and 9.93 I was like Praise God! never had a better feeling in a car!

I wasn't for sure what to do because this made me faster than my class and I thought it would never happen again. especially with my 1.49 60 ft time. THis is only my 7th time at the Drag strip in my Life. I have never even owned a highpowered car in my lIfe. but when I lined up against styles I knew he had a strong car and beat me off the light but the car hooked Hard again and I began reeling him in. I never one a race and i would have liked to win this one but what happenned when the ET showed on the board was far better than winning the race. I(Actually I won the race but lost due to break-out)never imagined that I would be able to really drive my car to a 9 second pass in just my 7th trip to the drag strip.I only used a line lock 4 of these times.

What a great weekend 9.93 at 151 mph AND 9.87 AT 135mph (I wonder what it would have been if I finished the entire pass) We will find out in Florida!!

Thanks for all the support and those who wanted this to happen for me and all the kind remarks.

Can't wait to learn to drive and quit granny shiffting maybe I can compete with the BTR Vipers and Top end OF RSI.

I will update my sig when I get home.

something like
David Boggs
98 VIper Gts
DLM Pro SUpercharger system
The WORLDS Fastest SUpercharged VIPER!

thanks again

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must be great...can't imagine the sensation..

...now the 8's are going to taunt you
You must be registered for see images

Viper TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats David! It was definitely one awesome run. :2tu: It was great to finally meet the infamous Dr. Roof! ;) :D

Wait till I learn how to drive my car! j/k :D

need4spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i've never met you dave, but you seem like a great guy. i too was really happy to see you run a 9-second pass and an awesome one at that! hope to meet you and many others at the track soon. once again, congratulations to you and DLM!! regards, kyle

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on those great runs. Glad to see it for yourself as well as Doug Levin. Hope to see and meet you at the Florida event.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David, I told you once and I will tell you again, You made my trip worth while Thank you :) I am so happy for you, myself(cause I'm next) and Doug Levin. I couldn't think of two people more deserving than you guys. Doug has worked so hard to improve his system and finally has a customer that likes to drag race to put up the #s we all knew they could. Cheers to you my friend, and I will see you in Fl :headbang: Here is the video link once again for you guys :D

The Roof, The Roof is on Fire

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fantastic effort David! That was awesome and your story gives us encouragement that we don't always have to rely on pros to do what we'd really like to get good at ourselves. You've got the touch :2tu:

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony I have not made it hom the timeslips in the Trailer. I will get them and post would be nice to have an estimated Idea!