The Final Day -- Woodward Dream Cruise - Pics

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a full week lead up, the final day of the Dream Cruise was a beautiful 75 degree day. The official attendance count was 1.725 million people, 41,000 classic and specialty cars. Everything went smoothly (except for gawkers crowding the road and slowing down the traffic).

6594PICT0049-med.JPG

The Vipers begain to claim our turf at Bennigans around 7:00 am.

6594PICT0064-med.JPG

We had a good turn out, including representatives from 4 states and Canada. All together we counted over 40 Vipers cruising, including a few we've never seen before!

6594PICT0055-med.JPG

We were located away from the very center of the action so that we could have half way normal access (something that is prohibited at the heart of the cruise).

6594PICT0066-med.JPG

For a while the pace was slower at our end.

6594PICT0068-med.JPG

But the traffic built all day long -- including a BIG Dodge truck!

6594PICT0067-med.JPG

We took advantage of the lighter early moring traffic to get in an early cruise.

6594PICT0062-med.JPG

The crowds begain to build in the downtowns along the route.

6594IMGP0009-med.JPG

We'll post lots more pictures tomorrow after we get some sleep! :p

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bruce, I stopped by there a few times yesterday wished i have got the chance to meet you yesteday. Came by in the morning w/ my 3 yr. old daughter in the SRT and in the afternoon on my Honda CT70 trailbike. I have got to tell you that a small motorcycle, bike or moped was the easiest way to get around. I live 1.5 miles from the bennigan's (square lk and woodward) and took the bike as far down a royal oak, it makes parking and getting in and out of areas very easy. I am always amazed at the vecicles people are driving out there. From a '40's Alfa racing car, to motorized bar stools, to a million dollar Duesenburg

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pics Bruce (even the one from my passenger seat). We will have to have Bill chronical his Cobra cruise with Art (stopped 3 times for "aggressive" driving and did not receive a single ticket).

One of our highlights was after several police stopped an Ohio plated Nova for an excessive speed/burnout (it was a very good one), the police took a poll from the crowd to determine whether to tow the car or not. He received a resounding thumbs down from the crowd and let the car go. Bet his (the Nova driver's) trousers were a little damp after that one!

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I missed you Michael. I've got to agree that small wheels are a good way to go. "Crusing" is not really a valid term on Saturday -- it took us 20-30 minutes to go a mile (but oh what cars we saw along the way!).

Ron -- what a great ride. More than a few wannabe's and onlookers will now know not to mess with an SRT. Bill and Art's trip sounds like vintage Bill. For those of you who don't know, Bill Gill has a SERIOUS Cobra (that's it pictured in the fourth picture from the top above). He's also a proud Viper owner and handled all the arrangements for our club with Bennigans.

Many more pics are coming this afternoon after I reduce the file sizes so that they will load faster. :laugh:

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay with the pics, but when I went back out for a shirt for Bernie (see other thread) I got caught back up in the cruising. Anyway, here are some photos to get you started. I'll try to post more tomorrow night.

By 10:00 am the cruising was in full gear.

6594Yellow_cruise-med.jpg

Every commercial street adjacent to Woodward was full of cars and people.

6594Birmingham-med.jpg

6594Birmingham2-med.jpg

6594Birmingham3-med.jpg

There were cars of every type, shape, and age.

6594ModelAT-med.jpg

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wherever you look there are special cars. Here's a Daytona Coupe -- one of the cars that inspired the creators of the Viper.

6594Daytona-med.jpg

Of course there were trucks also.

6594Big_Foot-med.jpg

An unusual way to roll up the windows . . .

6594GMprototype-med.jpg

One of the specialty racing cars (yep, those are Vipers behind it).

6594PICT0069-med.JPG

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course there are some cars that are rarer than Vipers. An Enzo was spotted twice, but both times he was moving too fast to get a picture.

We saw three different Ford GT's cruising.

6594GTcruise-med.jpg

The Ford exhibit had three other ones on display. The one in the center is the production model and the others are 1960's models.

65943GTs-med.jpg

Here's a the production model up close.

6594NewGT-med.jpg

And finally, a peek under a GT's hood (note the different wheels).

6594GTupclose-med.jpg

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Candy apple red was the "in" color for this cruise.

6594Caddy-med.jpg

6594Red_Sedan-med.jpg

So, why not candy apple on one of the most exotic cars in the world?!!

6594SaleenS7-med.jpg

This Saleen S7 was just unbelievable!

6594Saleenrear-med.jpg

Here's a peek inside.

6594Saleen_motor-med.jpg

Have you seen enough to make your reservations for next year?!!

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a C6 behind the yellow Viper.....I thought they weren't on sale yet? Maybe a GM exec?

Great pictures. I wish it wasn't so far away, I'd love to be there.

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C6 Vettes are now as common around here as popcorn. There must have been a 100 or so at the cruise. It's really fun when the owner of a new C6 is feeling all puffed up and tries to take on a Viper! They are decent cars for the money though.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, it is amazing. I think the GM marketers have even convinced the inside people that the vette is superior in comparison to the Viper. Usually when I pull beside them and they hear the exhaust sound (clearly not stock) they suddenly become docile. I few haven't and I can say the C6 is no contest for an SRT.

I did play some with some frisky Porsche turbos though. It is amazing that they are going for third about the time I shift into second. God I need new gears!

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were all types of cycles (don't snicker at the side car!):

6594sidecar-med.jpg

Some more Fords:

6594Cobra-med.jpg

6594Mustang-med.jpg

There were plenty of chances to catch up on the latest technology:

6594Turbo2-med.jpg

6594Fordturbo2-med.jpg

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately I wasn't able to get to the Chrysler exhibit with my camera. If anyone else got pics there please upload them.

It's probably best that I stop now -- there have been enough pictures on this thread. I can hear dial-up users cussing all over the country!

Thanks for all of you who have sent comments. Thanks also to those 3 Viper owners who came to the Cruise after seeing my posts. It's a great event with something for everyone from the everyday guy to the most sophisticated automotive expert.

6594Sidestreet0-med.jpg

The greatest thing about it, however, was that with all the vehicles at the Cruise, the Vipers still caught the fancy of the crowd. They never failed to gain attention in every setting!

6594Cruise_card-med.jpg

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bruce,

Nice to meet you and thanks for the show around on Friday night. I did end up back during the day on Saturday to catch some of the action without the Viper and then on to MIS for the Nascar race, a 10 year old tradition of beer drinking and BBQing hillbilly style, haha.

I lingered in the C6 section myself for a while and overheard an engineer tell some hapless souls that the C6 goes 0-60 in 4 seconds. Though that was a touch optimistic personally.........

Let me know if you want to do any cruising in the coming months before we start to think of mothballing our beloved GTS.

Nice ride and color by the way, Graphite is classy, I like.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I had oodles of extra money I would own a Saleen S7 ...I thought the silver looked hot ...the red looks smoking!!!! :2tu: :headbang: :2tu:

6594SaleenS7-med.jpg

You must be registered for see images

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, if they go 0-60 in 4 seconds then my GTS is REALLY fast!

Let's hook up again before the Summer's over, Ryan.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great event this weekend. What a reaction to the Vipers, eh? I was able to be @ Bennigan's on Thursday night and stopped back by on Saturday around 645pm-900pm.

What a great group of Viper owners and well organized plan (Bennigan's). Thanks for putting it all together! Looking forward to the September and October Motor City Events (Poker run/road rally & Kart2Kart).

DR VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those pics are awesome.....thanks!
I was at Woodward this year with the Prowler group and we got a total of 60 cars to come out.
What a great time...let's do it again next year!

5305WOODWARD_CRUISE-med.jpg

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't go without at least one picture from the Chrysler display . . . here's a picture of the Comp Coupe that DrViper took:

5305WOODWARD_VIP-med.jpg

I hope he doesn't mind that I stole it from another thread!

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, nice cruise and show. Thanks for posting the pics, I wish we had something like that around here.

I would love to see the Saleen S7 in person. Now I need to play the lottery!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang