The Greatest Gen Ii Accessory Never Made!

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not exactly. Some genius on this forum gave a blow by blow description of how to open the hood in answering a thread about how to do it. Thread could have been started by anyone. The other members jumped all over him for doing it. Not sure if it is still up or not. It's how I learned to open the hood before I bought my car.

We are too trusting on this board. Bad people lurk on these sites.

OK...as an owner of a Gen III Viper, how DO you open a Gen I & II hood??? :eater:

You pull the hood release lever.

you know, the hood release lever in the battery compartment :D

(that will surely keep them looking) :2tu:

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I flew into LA to look at my car when I bought it, it took me and the salesman over an hour to figure out how to open the hood. Kinda embarrassing.:rolaugh:
Funny enough, after test driving it there. I had it shipped to Vegas to avoid paying the sales tax. Get the car out of the enclosed trailer at midday, and the heat is unbearable. So I put up the roof and windows, and realize the windows are tinted:cool:
Before that moment I couldn't have guaranteed you the car even had windows!:D

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

My Ten year old asked me if those were speakers up there and why they were on the outside of the car.

Because the car is so fast you have to put the sound out in front to be able to hear it, come on! Everybody knows that :)

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sad to admit but I believed that the first time I heard it. But it was the first Viper I ever saw and lets admit it..... it looks like its fast enough for that to be true:lmao:

Big Mac

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For those considering the hood pull relocation - why not use an emergency brake cable set up off something? You would get a bracket and handle assembly to mount under the dash - it would say brake, but that would keep most people from messing with it (even though there is a big ebrake handle on the console) and if from a small car it might not have to be cut down to fit?

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ok gen 1 and 2 exotics gen 3 's are cross breeds between viper corvette honda s2000 and a miata .... evven vipermania's slogan for selling body kits "says" MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A VIPER AGAIN LOL

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never had a problem. Same concept as my 68 charger or any older mopar. Closing the hood can be scary sometimes. Never had any problems but it feels like if I push it just a little off it will twist. I had to move the guides on the passenger side up. The hood was wearing off the paint.I think I have it even now. My wife thinks I bought this for an investment. She can sell it when she takes the keys out of my cold dead hands.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am more worried about someone stealing the whole car than vandalizing the engine. I am thankful that there is a Sheriff station next to the employee parking lot at work though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine