****The official Whos making the DIY XENON Kit?****

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After understanding that there are no xenon kits for our cars, and a lot of talk of these kits. I am wonder who is acutally going to start to sell these, and at what prices? 500ish? anyone know anything more?

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a kit 2 weeks ago from hid-online.com . Philips ballast, 4100K xenon bulbs and relay harness. It was $496. for the kit + $10. for shipping. From all appearances, very high quality components. I just finished the install yesterday. I'll post pics soon.

As I understand they are illegal to sell in the U.S. Hid-online.com is in England. It took 10 days to receive from the date of order.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance but what the deferent in numbers and meaning like high beam low beam ? 4100K and 600K etc :confused: ?

I have the Roe Kit and its not yet installed but the Philips ballast looks the same! Anyone know what the ‘K’ numbers for the bulbs ? thanks in advance

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K = Kelvin it is basically the color of light. Our eyes like the higher color temperature. Daylight is rite around 5600K. And our eyes like daylight.
This is a real quick blurb on a very complex subject.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance but what the deferent in numbers and meaning like high beam low beam ? 4100K and 600K etc ?
The HID replacement is for the low beam only (9005 lamp). The high beam (9011 lamp) remains stock(for my 97,not sure about the others). 4100K and 6000K is just the color tempurature. 4100K is as close to white as you can get(slight blue tint) and the highest light output. 6000K gives you a bluer tint but at a loss of light output. This chart should help.

You must be registered for see images attach

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know FinalGTS from this board was working on kit.
and there was a recent thread.

The kit I was working on has been killed by the NHSTA... I am cut off from that supplier! I have another kit, similar style, but it is not DIY. Price would be around 650, INSTALLED.