THE REAL SCOOP ON THE NEW COUPE, ITS FINAL (READ)

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good thing i have a real New Generation Coupe. Looks like Dodge is dropping the ball. The Corvette Z06 is looking better everyday. Hey doesn't Lutz work at GM?

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am SO glad I bought my 01'GTS (Race Yellow). The GTS will never be duplicated... enough said..

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good thing i have a real New Generation Coupe. Looks like Dodge is dropping the ball. The Corvette Z06 is looking better everyday. Hey doesn't Lutz work at GM?

Frank, you are absolutely right and I am jealous that I dont have one of those...

Now THATS A REAL GEN 3 COUPE!!!! If they would make one of those for street, I would have to seriously consider a divorse to get one.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So much for all those guys who said "Don't worry, DC is listening and they will correct the problems of the VOI8 'concept' coupe." :p This car shown in the Motor Trend article is the same one that will be at the Los Angeles and Detroit shows (it's already been shown on auto show sneek peek tv programs in the Detroit region). I was really hoping that DC would come to their senses, but it looks like they've given up! :confused:

Oh well, we'll be able to see the new Lexus 600 hp V10 Coupe, and the Ford GR 600 hp V10 Coupe, and the 600 hp ZO6. and the . . . and the . . . at the auto shows!! :crazy:

In the meantime I'll keep on loving my GTS. :laugh:

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm... the new Z06 had pics that were "accidentally" leaked to the web. Probably a marketing ploy.

Maybe, just MAYBE, DC's plan is to give the impression of an ugly, slow Viper. When it comes out, it'll actually be a Comp Coupe with 650hp. People will be so pleasantly surprised, that all coupes will sell within a day.

Haha...

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AAAAAAAAHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

For those of us at VOI8, perhaps you will recall that they said they would make sure performance would continue to be at the forefront? I'm sure from talking with all of us there, that they will realize the need to have at least near 600 HP (though can "state" 550 HP). As for styling, however, I'm sure it will retain the angles and edges like the SRT-10, even though I had extensive discussions with a big design guy about the lack of sexiness of such.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The new coupe does not do it for me. If I wanted a coupe, I'd probably even get a Z-06 first...

Too bad. Guess I'll keep an eye open for a Gen 3 roadster - been hearing about dealers selling new ones in the sixties!

How far away is the day of a low-fifties Gen 3 with low miles and no paintwork? I figure mid-late 2005.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's DC's intention to kill the Viper, this coupe will make it a self fulfilling prophesy.

Sales will be poor and DC will say there is no market for such a car and that will be it.

ViperLB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This does not look good at all for future Viper sales.

You must be registered for see images

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Z06 is no Beauty! The lines are a hack of the C5 IMO which was a much better looking car. The C5 was wider, lower, and longer with better flowing lines and didn't have ugly imitation Ferrari headlights.

I'll reserve judgement on the new coupe's design until I see it in person. Pictures don't always do a car justice.

On the performance front, the Z06 specs are mighty impressive. Considering Dodge has more displacement to play with, I can't believe they won't seriously up the ante over the Z06. I think it's just a matter of time!

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets just hope this car magazine is wrong on the details.

DC...you reading this? I hope so.

Step up guys, grow a set and tell the big wigs in Germany to let you build a car that will actually sell out before the first one rolls off the line. If not, kill the whole program and at least be proud of the Gen 1 and 2's.

signed,

The FordGT group is laughing at you.

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this magazine came out this week, then the article had to have been written close to two or possibly three months ago. I have done quite a bit of national advertising in the past and there was always a 2 or 3 month lag from the deadline date and the release of the magazine. Printing, distribution, etc... all take time.

It seems that this information could be a little old. Let's not jump to too many hasty conclusions before we hear from the company themselves. I for one still believe Dodge will increase the HP of the Coupe. The past actions of Dodge far outweigh the words of a magazine writer in my mind. The past actions of Dodge have been to provide us a great car that we all enjoy driving. The words of the article writer might prove to be false once the actual car is presented to the public.

It is probably not by mistake that no HP figures were talked about or released at VOI8. Dodge is going to surprise us and the rest of the sports car mfgrs. by raising the bar once again.

Do you guys remember the Tomahawk & ME12? Those were pretty closely held secrets that surprised everyone. I think the same thing will happen in this case.

Let's not be so quick to bite the hand that has fed us great cars in the past. I think good things are still to come. :2tu:

Newt

S-JC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks as boring as a Vette. No muscle. And the wheels ****.

I sure hope DC is setting us up for a huge surprise. If not, Gen II prices will skyrocket.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All VCA club presidents have been invited by Dodge to the Auto Show, Jan 16, immediately following the administrative meeting. Should have the real scoop then. Please don't have a cow until the facts come out.

I think new SRT coupe will look better than vette, and SRT convertable looks better than vette vert.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is how it should look like! I like how the rear hatch is done. It goes with the curves or should I say angles of the car.

1797SnakeBittenhardtop2.jpg

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At Sema Dodge told us that the first year the car will be at 550. The next year is when they will step up the horsepower, so don't worrry it is coming.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new coupe does not do it for me. If I wanted a coupe, I'd probably even get a Z-06 first...

Too bad. Guess I'll keep an eye open for a Gen 3 roadster - been hearing about dealers selling new ones in the sixties!

How far away is the day of a low-fifties Gen 3 with low miles and no paintwork? I figure mid-late 2005.

You said IT! I can't wait to get my hands on an under 20,000 mile GenIII SRT-10 in the mid 50's. I think I'd buy one now if I could..

G

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this magazine came out this week, then the article had to have been written close to two or possibly three months ago. I have done quite a bit of national advertising in the past and there was always a 2 or 3 month lag from the deadline date and the release of the magazine. Printing, distribution, etc... all take time.

It seems that this information could be a little old. Let's not jump to too many hasty conclusions before we hear from the company themselves. I for one still believe Dodge will increase the HP of the Coupe. The past actions of Dodge far outweigh the words of a magazine writer in my mind. The past actions of Dodge have been to provide us a great car that we all enjoy driving. The words of the article writer might prove to be false once the actual car is presented to the public.

It is probably not by mistake that no HP figures were talked about or released at VOI8. Dodge is going to surprise us and the rest of the sports car mfgrs. by raising the bar once again.

Do you guys remember the Tomahawk & ME12? Those were pretty closely held secrets that surprised everyone. I think the same thing will happen in this case.

Let's not be so quick to bite the hand that has fed us great cars in the past. I think good things are still to come. :2tu:

Newt

Praying you're right Newt, praying...

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Newt - there is no doubt the real launch could be a surprise.

I also agree with Ab's take on that photoshop - the concept coupe roof looks like an ugly bubble. There is nothing you can do to make a bubbletop look good.

The photoshop gives the SRT10 a MUCH nicer GTS roof - and that is really what is needed - it makes the car look like the sleek coupe its wheelbase demands.

We're stuck with the SRT10 from the doors forward - but they really do not look bad anyway, it's the roof line and chunky butt that looks ugly on the concept.

Bring the rear roof line much closer to the rear spoiler and make the butt more **** and it'll look great. If DC will not - some body shop will do it and make a much better job... the car screams for it. As for power - take one home then add twin turbos - it's the American thing to do anyway :headbang:

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is how it should look like! I like how the rear hatch is done. It goes with the curves or should I say angles of the car.

1797SnakeBittenhardtop2.jpg

Those wheels look really familiar. :D

Rocket65C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Z-06 tries very hard and gets closer to a great car than any other stock Corvette in recent times. GM is committed to the Corvette, and I expect there will be a 100 year anniversary model in 2053. But the interior looks like a cheap plastic mass produced assembly-line car. I would still go with a SRT-10 and do aftermarket upgrades. As much as I would like Dodge to stay in first place in the US sports car performance spot, if it falls to the middle of the pack, I'd still buy a Viper and add SC or TT. These hp wars are insane, but with a V-10, if you want 1000 hp, you can have it, even if not from the factory.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Z-06 tries very hard and gets closer to a great car than any other stock Corvette in recent times. GM is committed to the Corvette, and I expect there will be a 100 year anniversary model in 2053. But the interior looks like a cheap plastic mass produced assembly-line car. I would still go with a SRT-10 and do aftermarket upgrades. As much as I would like Dodge to stay in first place in the US sports car performance spot, if it falls to the middle of the pack, I'd still buy a Viper and add SC or TT. These hp wars are insane, but with a V-10, if you want 1000 hp, you can have it, even if not from the factory.

That is one of the main reasons I bought my Viper. I am not trying to use the "but if I modify my car excuse". It is very simple for me, I want a 1000hp car and the big V10 in the Viper is a better platform to modify. I'll still get the C6Z06 and I'll mod the hell out of it too but I see the Viper as the HP king of my collection of garage queens ... :D :D

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The viper is so popular now because it has been the top car since it came out and to think of a vette being faster makes me sick.

I honestly think DC will step it up I mean look at the history then gen 2's had 450hp as soon as the vette got just close with 405hp BOOM DC steped it up to 500hp (SRT) now that the vette is even I think they will drop a 600HP just so theres no question.

PRAYING

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The only thing the Viper has over the Vette interior wise are the seats.

You must be registered for see images attach