The S/C Wait Is OVER (well almost)

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean Roe
hail[1].gif
called and I've moved up the list. Delivery end of next week and then brief VOI wait till install (unless I can somehow get in the way of Chuck Tator's trip to Nashville
devil.gif
laugh.gif
).
Install set for 10/2.
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

S

SUN RA KAT

Congrats!

Where on the list are you?

bounce.gif
(I'm #35.)
bounce.gif

And I have formally introduced my Snake Pedal to my custom North California Viper Club Floor Mat more than a few times now that I'm lots better at manual shifting (the Viper is my first manual shift car).

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me know when you are going to Chuck's I want to see it! My car is right now there. He just installed StopTech!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CitySnake:
Sean Roe
hail[1].gif
called and I've moved up the list. Delivery end of next week and then brief VOI wait till install (unless I can somehow get in the way of Chuck Tator's trip to Nashville
devil.gif
laugh.gif
).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OH GOOD! That gives me enough time to get it on <u> MY</u> Viper next weekend.
cool.gif

Citysnake, I WILL give you a full report on <u> YOUR</u> S/C when I get back from "Nashviperville"!!
laughing2[1].gif

Hey Sean, go ahead and send that "Adapter Kit" for the GENI's.
supergrin.gif

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,
Final prepping for Roe SC install is happening first of next week. Installing a set of specially prepared blower heads courtesy of Greg Good and Nick at TNT, a Kingsnake cam with extra exhaust duration and some 1.7 T&D's to round it all out. Then watch out once that blower is bolted on!

Steve

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SUN RA KAT.
the viper is the easy stick shift you will find.
never
puke.gif
it.
in first you need only to let out the clutch no accelerator needed. now that is a easy manual shift car.

LOVE YOUR YELLOW CAR!

Thread highjacked. by yellow guys again
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ElDiablo Viper:
Let me know when you are going to Chuck's I want to see it! My car is right now there. He just installed StopTech!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The date indicated is date certain. 10/02 - 10/03. Think I may sleep in the repair bay.
Your brakes may HAVE to be the next upgrade...did I just say NEXT upgrade?!
dead.gif

GASDOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EdmontonGTS:
Hey all,
Final prepping for Roe SC install is happening first of next week. Installing a set of specially prepared blower heads courtesy of Greg Good and Nick at TNT, a Kingsnake cam with extra exhaust duration and some 1.7 T&D's to round it all out. Then watch out once that blower is bolted on!

Steve

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Steve,what kind of horsepower are you shooting for?How are you upgrading the fuel system?I'm on the Roe SC list too and considering the same modifications but waiting for someone else to do it first to see what happens.Don't you think with free flowing heads you will lose some boost?

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GASDOC,

I am quite sure I will technically lose boost, but, with freer flowing heads and a bigger cam I will move more air into the clinders and because of the lesser pressure, the air will be slightly cooler(1 psi is approximately 10 degrees F charge temperature). I read an article in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords where they took a Kenne Bell Blowzilla 2.2 Autorotor SC ( very similar to the Roe unit ) with a 8.5 psi pulley. When they put in a bigger cam the power went from 438HP @6000 to 485 @6000 but boost dropped from 8.5 psi to 7.5 psi. All this on a 302 ford with stock cam to a XE274HR cam 224 deg intake dur. and 232 degree exhaust dur.
If I can gain another 47 HP for every psi of boost I lose I hope I lose em all
wink.gif

As for the fuel system I am planning on some tuning after the SC install I'll do a dyno run and keep a close eye on the air /fuel ratio and see if upgrading is necessary. It will be winter up here soon so I'll have a few month to play around and if I have to put in a new fuel pump so be it.

As for expected Horsepower ...I want at least 700 to the rear wheel.

Steve

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
citysnake, Lets see how fast you back pedal on this one
smile.gif

QUOTE: Hey Tony:
I actually spoke w/ Sean and apparently he'll have 4 complete sets ready by VOI. I couldn't help even if I wanted since mine will be shipped first week of Oct. (Of course I would have given you mine if I could )

Looks like my Purners are going to be lonely during VOI
crying.gif

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Tony...but I'm an honest fellow (no backpedal). That post was last week (at least a few days ago). Sean called me yesterday (Thursday) and told me that someone ahead of me was not yet ready for their delivery. I jumped up on the list from 6 to 5 (I think).
Honest
angel.gif
As far as I know (I actually asked Sean about it) you're further down on the list (like 30 something) and "who gets which SC when" is really not my decision to make. I admit I felt a twinge of guilt...but not enough
smile.gif
. Hope you understand. Good luck down in Nashville!

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree with 1badgts, stick to the mods sean recommended and tested with his SC, youre risking a baaaad day if you start frankensteining your engine more than that. the only safe additional upgrade would be NOS. otherwise youre trying to dup a DLM and lets face it that is better left to DLM, all IMHO of course

Reaction score
Mr. Roe is fully aware of the cylinder heads that are going on EdmontonGTS's car. Mr. Roe was also consulted with on the compression ratio. So far, I have heard no objections, so it's full steam ahead. Who dares, wins.

Nitrous is safer than ported heads? Hmmmmm.....I think I'll leave that one alone. Sounds like something from an alternate universe..........hard to argue with that kind of logic.......can't get there from here.

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im doing something similar with my car only Im adding the Mopar heads from BTR.Bigger valves,more flow and a Roe charger to boot.Should I seriously consider a new fuel pump?

Joe

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
My friend Dan Black
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dan,
My condolences!
laughing2[1].gif

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viper Wizard:
Dan,
My condolences!
laughing2[1].gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Chuck....now, now
devil.gif

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TTBADBOY Joe,

I'll keep you updated on my progress and results, only ask that you reciprocate with the same. Good luck with your setup!
As for the fuel pump..there are a few 650rwhp cars around with the stock fuel pump, so maybe, maybe not.

steve

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will do.I have the same setup as you do minus the Mopar ECU.Im also keeping the stock 97 camshaft as I hear it is fine.

Joe

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>So just stand back and chill while I get to work. I, as well as others want to see what happens and how it works. If I blow it up I'll buy another one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve, that is exactly what I was thinking when I read those posts! I love it! BTW, it was good to talk to you a couple weeks ago, and I'll definitely give you another call after you get that baby running.

Ronnie

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ronnie,
Your on my Email speed dial the minute I get the beast up and runnin. Greg has done an awesome job on the heads. I can quite honestly say that in the 3+ years I have been reading these boards and researching viper heads, I have never seen flow #s like these. In fact the only guy that could get more flow out of a set of mopar performance heads would be Greg himself. Greg is a true master craftsman.

Steve

PS. I notice you have a CLK 55, I just picked up a new E500 loaded and with the sport package. You should take a look at one of these, I am seriously thinking of a 2004 E55 now as well

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, it's funny you say that because I really wasn't too crazy about the first pics of the new E I saw, and then after seeing that black E slathered all over Men in Black II (where you could see the whole car in various contexts), I thought it looked awesome. I'm hoping I like the new CLK as well when I see one in person, but what I'd really like to snag is a new SL55!
smile.gif
You'll have to let me know how your E does.

Ronnie

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a 2 year wait on an SL55 up here. 1 year on an E55. Picked up the new E on Wednesday and the wife has claimed it for her own. It is one slick car though, glass roof, electronic brakes, air suspension.

OK back to viper talk. Greg did the final polish on the heads today so mid next week install along with the T&D's, cam and 70 mm's ( already got from Sean to avoid the rush ) also an aluminum flywheel as well.

One thing about Roe Racing every time I order something from them it shows up the next day. Becky and Sean have their system down to a science.

Steve

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1Bad --Thanks for the warning, I am not reinventing the wheel here, or trying to duplicate a DLM.. I am just doing what hot rodders have been doing for decades ..It will still work now even on a viper. So just stand back and chill while I get to work. I, as well as others want to see what happens and how it works. If I blow it up I'll buy another one. But once again thanks for the warning.

Rdustman ...I don't understand NOS safer than heads and cam????? reality check time buddy! No frankensteining here, just making some changes to an INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE. But hey if I blow it up I'll change my alias on this board to FRANKENSTEIN.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Becky and Sean have their system down to a science.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen to that. Customer service simply doesn't get any better than what Sean and Becky offer. I called Sean last week one day and got his machine. He called back about an hour later (and I should add it was 5:45 p.m. for me and Sean) and apologized for taking so long to get back to me, but that he had been on the phone with another customer. I laughed and told him he couldn't talk to two people at once, and he said he should have been available to take my call! Sean has got his customers (including me) so spoiled that I truly wonder how he can maintain that standard and get anything done. I look forward to shaking his hand at VOI.

Ronnie

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow....we're back to "near on topic"
smile.gif
. Anyway, speaking of customer service, there are a few "tuners" that ALWAYS seem to put their customers before profits (not that there's anything wrong with making money). I can't imagine why anyone reading this board would do business with any tuner NOT well represented here. Without a doubt, Roe Racing is one of a small group of "tuners" that truly cater to the needs of VCA members. Not only are Sean and Becky professional, but they're really nice people to deal with! It's always good business to support those that support us!
patriotx.gif

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CitySnake:
Originally posted by Viper Wizard:
Dan,
My condolences!
laughing2[1].gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Chuck....now, now
devil.gif

I'll resort to leaves[Maple] when I run out of paper!
He certainly gets the "Arrogance" aword!!
bling[1].gif

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Viper Wizard on 09-15-2002 at 05:32 PM</font>

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that I've swept out the "Out-house", back to topic!
CitySnake,
The minute your package gets here I'll call you and you can unpack it!! [And then I can put it on my car!
laugh.gif
]

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viper Wizard:
Now that I've swept out the "Out-house", back to topic!
CitySnake,
The minute your package gets here I'll call you and you can unpack it!! [And then I can put it on my car!
laugh.gif
]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Whew....
For a moment there I thought you were going to have ME put it on your car!
laugh.gif

This is ridiculous! After my daughter's birth, this may be my second happiest moment....
<FONT size="1">what's that honey....</FONT s>...of course...no I said that after Jesse, our wedding day was the second happiest moment in my life
blush.gif
rolleyes.gif

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean called me yesterday (Thursday) and told me that someone ahead of me was not yet ready for their delivery. I jumped up on the list from 6 to 5 (I think).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congrats,

That was me, glad I could help.

Sean is doing my install, and he could not do it until after all the S/C were shipped out, scheduled for week of 10/18/02 - 10/25/02.

Post your impressions of the ride, I have already drove the 96 GTS with protype S/C on it, its a blast.

S

SUN RA KAT

Dang! It looks like I'll be waiting until close to mid October for mine (#35). I'll probably have to drive it every chance I get before my Viper becomes Queen of my garage for the winter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96