The SSG 2008 SRT-10 Is Home!!!

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well the deal worked out and I am now the proud owner of a 1997 GTS AND a 2008 SRT-10 SSG w/ black stripes. 13K miles, solid black interior, navigation, 5 spoke wheels, etc...

First impressions: This 600 HP Gen IV motor is an entirely different animal than the '97 450 HP version. It seems like it makes most of its power up high in the RPM range. LOTS of functional enhancements seem to give the gen IV a more solid and well-built feel. Can't wait to put it through its paces...hopefully this weekend!

Also, if this car looks familiar to anyone on here from the Chicagoland area...please PM me. Apparently this car was a lease to a CEO up there who had a $100,000.00 auto allowance from work. He or she felt this Viper fit the bill...nice choice! Anyway, if this is you...I found your front license plate behind the passenger seat. If you can ID the plate, I'd be happy to send it back to you in exchange for some more info about the car. :)

Anyway...I just had to share my excitement for the evening. For those of you who helped out last week with all of my questions and concerns during the negotiation process...thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm loving the car so far! Here are a few low quality pics from the garage...

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would agree, only I would have "H" spokes and grey interior and the graphite bezel. Congrads on the new ride. I thought the same thing about the '08s when I drove one in detroit. The power comes on just a little bit later but when it does it comes on like a freight train!!! CONGRADS!!!!
Very nice.
If I went newer, it would be SSB with black

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would agree, only I would have "H" spokes and grey interior and the graphite bezel. Congrads on the new ride. I thought the same thing about the '08s when I drove one in detroit. The power comes on just a little bit later but when it does it comes on like a freight train!!! CONGRADS!!!!

To each their own I suppose, because the H or razor wheels don't do much for me personally but I know others really like them. I'm just a simpleton I guess...give me a solid black interior and a shiny set of 5 spoke wheels and I'm good! :) The stripes are even a little out of my comfort zone, but I'm getting used to them. All I know is that you get ALOT more stares and people asking questions in this thing compared to the '97...and I thought it was bad! In fact, I thought a photo shoot was going to break out at the gas station tonight with people driving in and taking pictures. Comes with the territory I guess...haha!

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! Simply can't beat the distinct look of the '97 GTS, then add the awesome power of the '08 SSG...best of both worlds~! ~juli

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To each their own I suppose, because the H or razor wheels don't do much for me personally but I know others really like them. I'm just a simpleton I guess...give me a solid black interior and a shiny set of 5 spoke wheels and I'm good! :) The stripes are even a little out of my comfort zone, but I'm getting used to them. All I know is that you get ALOT more stares and people asking questions in this thing compared to the '97...and I thought it was bad! In fact, I thought a photo shoot was going to break out at the gas station tonight with people driving in and taking pictures. Comes with the territory I guess...haha!

Agree 100%. The 5 spokes are BY FAR the most desirable wheel for a 06-09 Vipers. No offense to H-wheel or Razor owners. Opinions vary I guess.

Awesome Ride.... someone took great care of that car. You can just tell from looking at the pictures.. Very Little seat wear, clean paint,etc,no mods,etc..

I've always been a believer of condition is more (or at least as) important as mileage... I've seen 5k mile cars that are completely trashed. And 50k mile cars that could be placed in a museum.. It's all about who owned it, and how they took care of it... Good luck with that bad boy!!!!

That is one of the best color combos..

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great looking car man

Taximan do you have a link to the poll comparing the rims on 06-09 vipers.. i missed it

wheels_dodge_viper_08_H_under2_big.jpg

Agree 100%. The 5 spokes are BY FAR the most desirable wheel for a 06-09 Vipers. No offense to H-wheel or Razor owners. Opinions vary I guess.

Awesome Ride.... someone took great care of that car. You can just tell from looking at the pictures.. Very Little seat wear, clean paint,etc,no mods,etc..

I've always been a believer of condition is more (or at least as) important as mileage... I've seen 5k mile cars that are completely trashed. And 50k mile cars that could be placed in a museum.. It's all about who owned it, and how they took care of it... Good luck with that bad boy!!!!

That is one of the best color combos..

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO i'm looking for the poll where the 5 spokes win "BY FAR" not 15%:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960