The TRUE Value of a McViper

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car had close to 50,000 miles on it, nuff said.

That's not bad when compared to the same year vette with that mileage.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took you off "Ignore" just to read this post. Thank you for the information that "high mileage" Gen 1 values are down. I had not noticed that for the past year or two. If you would like, feel free to post a link showing where man has landed on the moon. I'm sure some people missed that on the news as well:rolleyes: :smirk::confused::crazy2: I don't know if you don't like the car or you just like to trash the car because you don't like me, but hopefully you posting the link will get Chris a couple more bids :2tu: Good luck with the sale, Chris!

Here's a link to that story I mentioned earlier that you may have missed:

Apollo 11 - 30th Anniversary

And oh yes, we all know Ebay is the AUTHORITY on car sales and show nothing but the "TRUE" value of used cars......................................:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not just Gen 1. A very nice Saphire w stripes Gen II sold for 40 k. So much for the 'premium' colors....All Viper prices are in the tank. We need to give this market a name....all the pundits say wer aren't in a recession. Lets call it the "Great Slide of 08."

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's hard to believe anyone (men) would dislike you Chad, with all of the enjoyment you have given us over the years with your female body art studies. :)

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being relatively new to Viperdom, I thought I'd throw in an "outsider's" opinion.

To me personally, the McViper is unique with the additional treatments. However, in my experience, the more "unique" a car is, the more often you will find someone who doesn't like it.:nono:

Even if you hate the color yellow, it still adds a nice look to the car...being an owner of a 98 red RT/10, I actually think its kind of cool.:headbang:

And, lest I ignore the rather "colorful" additions to all of Chad's car photos! Would certainly broaden the car's appeal if they were standard McViper equipment instead of optional.

One man's opinion is just that....one man's opinion.:eater:

Peter

Chris1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

RobZilla: There was another one out there that only reached 22,200 or something close to that, missing the top and the windows; mine has a ton more work done to it by Tator even though it has higher mileage; I'm not going to tip my hand before the auction ends tonight, however we should get a better picture of a more accurate number after the auction ends; I'm just looking to get a fair value for it, and if not, I'll just keep it and maybe start a ******'s Northeast chapter, and give Chad his 2% commission on every picture.........

Regards, Chris.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad, I'm thinking you should jump on this deal. Twice the viper = Twice the ******* Pics. :D You can have the makings of your own fleet of ******* Vipers.

Chris1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess we'll get a relative indication on the current market value in an hour or so when the auction ends; I always keep in mind that while E-Bay is a great resource to sell a car, it's not always the best indication of what the car is actually worth. If the auction ends at $21,000, most would agree that that isn't the fair market value for the car, the same way if the car sold for 35,000. Both numbers are on the end of the spectrum. Anyone that is familiar with E-Bay knows that a lot of people wait until the last minutes of the auction to place their final bids, although I don't know why with the proxy bid functionality. I have the reserve set at a reasonable price, and based on the interest of people calling and such, it should sell within $500-$1,000 of the reserve. It's just a matter of if I want to let it go at that price. To me, while the McV is rare, that doesn't necessarily mean it's worth a boatload more than any other '96 RT/10; it just made me happy when I bought it, and that's all that really matters. It's always interesting to read threads where people not only argue, but get into verbal wars about the value of a particular car; not really necessary in my opinion, but whatever.......

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the only reason for all of this is because McDonalds is selling cheeseburgers for 59 cents on Weds. because people are struggling with the economy. Once Macs raises the prices back up on Cheeseburgers, you should see the McViper prices go up accordingly. :D

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the only reason for all of this is because McDonalds is selling cheeseburgers for 59 cents on Weds. because people are struggling with the economy. Once Macs raises the prices back up on Cheeseburgers, you should see the McViper prices go up accordingly. :D

$0.59? Sweet! Thats more than I usually pay though. I would just pull up, tell the girl behind the counter I owned the place and wanted free food :rolaugh: I guess losing the free food is a side effect of chrome wheels :(

:D

I guess you're gonna relist the car, Chris? If I could, I'd buy it and keep the yellows on it. Then I'd have a McV and McV Chrome Edition :D

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad, I personally think you should sell the McV and get an 08 in ****** Orange!

Nice idea, but the McC is here to stay. I wouldn't mind ADDING an 08', but, I think I'd have to go with SSG/black SRT-C over orange.....but after seeing the gorgeous 08' orange pics posted a couple days ago (with the hot model), orange could work too :D

blue01gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robzilla,
Chad has always been a very nice guy to everyone on this site and I personally would like to know if you don't like him simply because of his CAR !!! Just seems wrong to start this thread. Your viper will be at a low price one day soon too.

Reaction score
Everyone has their own opinion on colors. I may not be a McV fan but lots of my friends like it (the girls mostly) and thats a good thing. I'm thinking of getting some yellow rims for nights at *******...Chad's my hero!!!

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad, you know my feelings on black...just thought you may be able to get ******* to sponsor the 08 so you don't have to pay for one!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robzilla,
Chad has always been a very nice guy to everyone on this site and I personally would like to know if you don't like him simply because of his CAR !!! Just seems wrong to start this thread. Your viper will be at a low price one day soon too.

Thats why this was a stupid thread. All Viper prices are down. Kinda like every other gas guzzler in the world. Welcome to the economy :mad:

the Mcviper is ugly thats is y it brings no money

Swap out the wheels and it looks like any other red RT/10, but you're stuck with being stupid.

Everyone has their own opinion on colors. I may not be a McV fan but lots of my friends like it (the girls mostly) and thats a good thing. I'm thinking of getting some yellow rims for nights at *******...Chad's my hero!!!

I have a spare set you can borrow since I put the chrome wheels on :D

Chad, you know my feelings on black...just thought you may be able to get ******* to sponsor the 08 so you don't have to pay for one!

Now there's an idea :D Wonder if they'd like to sponsor a Murcielago Roadster as well?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So when does the *******/McViper Calendar go on sale???

That may make enough to get a GTS in your garage for rainy ******* days and nights Chad.

Ted

Chris1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree, the whole idea of the market being low is somewhat obvious; I had people e-mail me and offer 20K for the car; that's not even a fair offer; I mis-spoke on one of my earlier posts; E-Bay is a great place to advertise a car, not necessarily sell a car; I had a couple offers within a grand or so of the reserve, but again, I'm not going to give the car away for just the sake of selling it; and I bought it cuz I like the color combo, not because it could be worth more someday down the road due to the limited production numbers. I may throw it back out on E-Bay and see what happens........or I may just keep it in the garage for the winter, have my wife dress up in her ******* outfit (the damn thing was $55 for t-shirt and shorts that contain about 1 sq ft of actual material) and have some fun like Chad does both in and on the car........:rolaugh:

Chris1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Swap out the wheels and it looks like any other red RT/10, but you're stuck with being stupid.

Classic...........:2tu:

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...or I may just keep it in the garage for the winter, have my wife dress up in her ******* outfit (the damn thing was $55 for t-shirt and shorts that contain about 1 sq ft of actual material) and have some fun like Chad does both in and on the car....QUOTE]

Uh...TMI!!! Unless you are willing to send pics to everyone!

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree, the whole idea of the market being low is somewhat obvious; I had people e-mail me and offer 20K for the car; that's not even a fair offer; I mis-spoke on one of my earlier posts; E-Bay is a great place to advertise a car, not necessarily sell a car; I had a couple offers within a grand or so of the reserve, but again, I'm not going to give the car away for just the sake of selling it; and I bought it cuz I like the color combo, not because it could be worth more someday down the road due to the limited production numbers. I may throw it back out on E-Bay and see what happens........or I may just keep it in the garage for the winter, have my wife dress up in her ******* outfit (the damn thing was $55 for t-shirt and shorts that contain about 1 sq ft of actual material) and have some fun like Chad does both in and on the car........:rolaugh:

Your wife will actually dress up in a ******* outfit? You lucky bastard. :smirk: