Thermostat Woes

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please tell me that you don't have to pull the whole intake manifold off just to swap the thermostat!

And if you do have to take out those 14 or so bolts, can you re-use the gasket by adding some new sealant, or does the gasket get destroyed when you pull the intake off?

Also, how do you pull/swap the fuel pump without taking off either the frame or the rear tub?

These both seem like daunting tasks on the Viper for such simple updates.

-Dean.

OP
OP
S

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Doug,

I don't need to pull the fuel pump out now, but I was thinking about the possibility of doing it in the future to augment extra fuel for a N20 system. But, if it takes chiseling the rear tub off of the frame, or conversely pulling everything apart from below, I'll just add a propane tank for the extra fuel.

I swapped out the thermostat in 15 minutes on my Vette, so I thought swapping it out would be smart after I added a Fluidine radiator. But pulling the whole intake and fuel system is clearly not worth it unless I had some other (additional)reason to take it apart.

I was just asking because it seems pretty incredible to have such basic components as the fuel pump and thermostat be an immense task to service.

Not that Dodge is alone in this as many Ferraris require you to pull the engine to change the timing belt.

-Dean.

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I learned this weekend that many Ferraris require you to pull the engine has part of routine service.
In addition, I think scheduled valve adjustment is best left to high rpm bikes.
Ferrari is mechanical artwork.