Things That Make You Go...

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....$*%&! Well, working on my Viper tonight. Figured I'd install the Modifry Shift Beeper per Dave6666 and Don's How To (thanks guys) before I head out to Pocono tomorrow night. I decided to install the brains of the Modifry beeper in the cavity under the dash behind the power window switches and cigarette lighter. I route all my wires, make my connections and I'm ready to seal everything back up.

As I start connecting the plugs for the power window switches I see a 10 Way connector just dangling in the cavity. I do a double take because I swear I've never seen that connector there before. I assumed I inadvertently yanked it loose from behind the AC/Heater controls as I was disconnecting the power window switches.

I reach up behind the ac/heater controls and can't feel/find any loose connections. Now I'm really starting to panic figuring I'd have to yank out the radio, etc. Meanwhile this plug is just hanging there taunting me.

What the heck is this thing for???
Picture_0144.jpg

I grab a 6 pack figuring this going to take a while. I decided to pull out the ol' service manual. 20 minutes later I found out what it is...THANK YOU DODGE! It turns out this this plug is the REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER SWITCH...for a Coupe that Dodge decided to leave for me in my RT/10.

For reference, the pin-outs are:

A1-A5 (Blank)
B1: C15 14BK/WT - Rear Window Defogger Relay Control
B2: E2 20OR - Fused Panel Lamps Dimmer Switch Signal
B3: Z8 20BK/VT - Ground
B4: C80 18DB/WT - Rear Window Defogger Switch Sense
B5: Z8 20BK/VT - Ground

*SIGH*

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calibras have that with the plug for a factory alarm installation.... when I was installing power windows on my previous one I found this long rectangular yellow plug near the PCM and central locking device. Fortunately for me it was not located near anything I was tangling with so the fear and horror were absent.
The pest is that the wiring loom on some Calibras is NOT universal when it comes to wanting to plug the power window mechanisms or the heating mats for the front seats onto the cars main loom...

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I swear they painted my red GTS with red RT10 paint!!! :lmao:

Sorry Tony. I feel your pain bro.

The one that bugged me for some time was up on the aluminum crossmember in front of the engine, those unused holes drilled up top on the passenger side. I mean, what redneck project did some previous owner have up his/her/it's sleeve?

Daytime running lamp module mounting holes unused in the :usa:...

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont feel too bad Tony on the Gen 1 cars they installed a rear fog light indicator switch for the European cars to use but never installed the wiring. So your car has wiring and no switch and mine has a switch with no wiring!

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm surprised you guys are all bothered by this... Think of how much MORE expensive our Vipers would be if they were forced to develop different harnesses for each model. Universal saves costs, and I think we have more than enough power to handle the extra few grams in weight!

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, I wondered about those holes too!

I swear they painted my red GTS with red RT10 paint!!! :lmao:

Sorry Tony. I feel your pain bro.

The one that bugged me for some time was up on the aluminum crossmember in front of the engine, those unused holes drilled up top on the passenger side. I mean, what redneck project did some previous owner have up his/her/it's sleeve?

Daytime running lamp module mounting holes unused in the :usa:...