Things you gotta love about the Gen V

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am one of the guys who has patiently waited and kept an open mind on the new car. I am also a GTS owner, and a Gen IV ACR owner.

I think the Viper Nation has got to love the proportions of this new Viper, which is so true to the racing heritage of the car (ok, the GTS guys). I for one, am thrilled to see a lower slung version of the GTS as the new model. I am also thrilled to see the new clamshell hood, which looks amazing. True, it is not as aggressive looking as the Gen IV, but a lot cooler looking than the former GTS hoods. Very modern and aerodynamic, it really updates the concept.

SRT took a cue from Porsche, which keeps the same basic design on the 911, just modernizing it as they go. This might not mean much to the track guys, but from the standpoint of the 'pedigree' of the car, it will benefit all GTS owners. We now own a classic version of the new car!!

SRT being race guys, the 'classic' GTS-R was obviously on the design team's mind.

Yup, now everyone with a GTS or a GTS-R has a 'classic GTS' or 'classic GTS-R.' That can't hurt resale value, another thing to be thrilled about.

I think SRT now has identified the 'essence' of a Viper and has a platform they can just continue to 'evolve' and not redesign again.
Bravo SRT!!!:2tu::headbang::usa:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have also catered to a larger crowd and those folks that were looking for refinements of the breed. The interior is stunning yet very functional. Performance should be outstanding for a lighter, stiffer and more powerul Beast. They took the Viper to the nth level but left plenty on the table for future enhancements.

I am very pleased and thought I had the pinnacle vehicle.

Bruce

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carbon fiber body, more hp,tq,lighter,muchbetter power to weight, better gearing , better tires, amazing interior, 50%stiffer chassis, options galore and the greatest team of designers and engineers in the businessbehind the car . Is there something missing??????????????? we couldn’t havedreamed of more

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've actually switched from "like" to "love" during the last couple of days. Maybe it was the color that didn't appeal to me at the NY auto show, but now imagining it in VRY (and a vert model in the future), it really has me excited! :2tu:

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Nice day I had with my son at the NYC Auto Show. The best part was being invited on stage by DriveSRT for a photo with all of the other Viper owners who were there.
Lots of flashes going off. Of all of the cars at the show, the Viper was the most photographed - BY FAR. That was a blast!! :D

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn, I missed that. I went around 1P, when was this?

You missed it by 30 minutes Pete. It was a fun moment. It would have been fun to run into you there. Met a bunch of VCA's from Canada
and the Left coast. There was a gorgeous, tall blonde SRT rep there who almost attracted as much attention as the car! ;)

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've actually switched from "like" to "love" during the last couple of days. Maybe it was the color that didn't appeal to me at the NY auto show, but now imagining it in VRY (and a vert model in the future), it really has me excited! :2tu:
I'm with you on this Z! I think these different colors we've been seeing now is making it looking More Awesome Everyday. I think that original color is what threw a lot of guys off (I know when I first saw it, it didn't make me want to run thru the house naked)! Lol