Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Think SRT\'s Are Not Holding Their Value?? Look At This

Wow, that's a great car for that Dollar! :2tu:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is a reason for this. The only thing that they are designed for is luxury and not necessarily performance. Luxury cars will depreciate quicker because after the first couple of years they become obsolete when compared to the new ones.

anunakki

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a 05 Benz E55 with ~30k miles ... Paid $90k ...Id be lucky if I got $55k right now.

You want to lose $$..buy an AMG

J

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the paint looks all [******] up

anunakki

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the paint looks all [******] up

Nah thats just the crappy black paint MB uses...within 12 months all their black cars look like that..trust me Ive had two in the past few years :rolleyes:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

AMG Benz's have been dropping like a rock. Their huge fuel appetite along with their recent terrible reputation for reliability, and the release of much faster cars has hurt their resale.

Since they are a prestige car, the depreciate when the new model comes out.
The standard model of the new S Class is almost as fast as last years S55 or even S63

These are fantastic cars, but unlike the solid Mercedes of several years back, they become expensive to drive. 15 years ago you could buy a new Benz every couple years for very little when trading in. Not so now.

Good time to be shopping for a couple year old Mercedes.

56LesPaul

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Beg to differ on one point...

The 2007 S550 is not nearly as fast as the 2005 S55

The reason the resale is so low is because the MSRP on this car is a fictiscous number...only a select few paid MSRP when these models 1st came out...then the discounts came in. You can pick up a BRAND NEW S65 that never sold for that model year for the same price of the S55...thats right the 190k car sells new for 120K ($70K! OFF Sticker) because the newer styled S Class is out.

Another reason this coupe sold so low is that the next generation coupe is right around the corner...and in the merc community NO ONE wants to have the old model. Its well known that only posers would be caught dead in an old sl, s class....the newer models date the only ones in record time.

Not sure why this thread has the heading it did...why does this T.Woods guy care so much about the resale of the SRT? Doesn't he drive a Gen II?

Bottom line is cars are depriable assets...if you are so concerned about not exposing yourself to loss..the best thing to do is buy a low mileage used car that has already seen most of the depreciation. As for me I don't care about how much money it looses...I would rather be the 1st owner of the car any day

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

14viper.jpg

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would not be suprised if the seller was the highest bidder. Many car dealers will do a "no reserve" auction and try and bid up the price. If the auction does not reach their target price, they outbid everyone else. Just another ebay game...

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Remember guys, I bought my Viper for the shear fun of driving it, and not for what they are worth down the road.

418viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What a waste of money, rather have a CC. May say AMg but the car still has the stamped steel window regulators with nylon gears that will strip after five yrs of use!

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What a waste of money, rather have a CC. May say AMg but the car still has the stamped steel window regulators with nylon gears that will strip after five yrs of use!

After 12mo.of ownership my wife unloaded her SLK350, our first and last Merc. What an overpriced piece of junk. Burned oil and was told it was normal for a high performance engine. That's odd since my S/C Viper does not use any. Their first scheduled maintenance cost is outrageous, $450 for nothing more than an oil change and diagnostic check.

I know the SLK is not in the same league but my neighbor has a S55 AMG, a company car, and is glad he is not responsible for the repair costs.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very true. Repair costs are a nightmare with German vehicles. German cars without a warranty canbe a nightmare.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the new shape for the cl's is out so I guess people will dump these things but at that price wow I would have loved to buy it...that was defenetly a steal...

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

WOW! A guy in our club just coined up for a new CL65. I don't think I'll mention this sale to him...

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe your mommy will buy it for prom night.............

Hey Jacka**, anyone ask for your stupid comments? Damn, you remind me of a person that keeps getting banned here. Maybe you should take some notes and finally ****.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Temper,temper there little feller , but after 6000 three word viper expert posts, you should come clean about being a teeny bopper who got his parents to buy his cars. Nothing really wrong with that , but I don't need to be taught Vipers by a school boy. Have a nice day Tiger........... :laugh:

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why does my "6000" posts bother you so much?? Bothered that you are at only 819?? This is not a contest, I just respond to threads. Get over it. And by the way, where my Viper came from is none of your business and totally irrevelant. Makes you seem like a real jealous person. Something eating at you??? Keep your attitude at the alley :2tu: .

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

After buying my viper and playing with it for a year I sold all my other toys. I sold my Mercury Marauder, the Ferrari, and the Jag E Type. Why? The viper never breaks down! Change the oil oil and plugs and you can take it anywhere acrosss the country. Don't try that is the Ferrari. Hell if the Ferrari sat for a couple of weeks you had to change out all the plugs at $15.00 each just to get it to run again. Vipers rule!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas