thinking about buying viper.....need some input

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are no sure-sign ways to tell if a Viper has been raced, but the obvious indicators would be:

- Roll Cage/Harness
- Suspension Mods
- Engine and Exhaust Mods
- Wings, Dams, and other Drag Reducing Additions/Alterations

Some owners add some of the above modifications and never see any track time, thus no guarantees or direct correlation. Your SAFEST bet, based on your description, is to find a Viper that is bone-stock by looking at the Classifieds herein.

You should have no trouble finding a bone-stock Viper, as a fair number of the cars remain with no or minimal tuning.

Best of Luck!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blk99cobra:
Thanks for the reply. Is there any way to tell if a viper has been raced or not?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>There are some other signs of abuse that I can't think of at the moment, but try some searches, I know the topic has come up before.

Hot Rod

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any Dodge service department can pull up the full maintenance history based in the VIN. If you see brake linings, calipers and tires being replaced at fairly low mileage - beware. Transmission and brake fluid condition can also give indication of hard use.

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is exactly what you need!!!! Totally stock Solid RED GTS with 4310 miles and has never been raced. 4310 miles and an extended warranty!!! price is $55k FIRM WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR?????