Thinking about running straight pipes...

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got headers, no cat, and TNT mufflers. I'm looking for a louder sound. What can I except if i ran straight pipes from the headers back? Will I lose too much backpressure compared to what I have now? HP/TQ gains or loses? Will the sound but a lot louder? Will I cause valve burning over time or any damage?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< What can I except if i ran straight pipes from the headers back? >>

EXPECT alot of attention and tickets from the cops, and alot of ********** neighbors/friends. My guess.

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check in my media section. I've got a clip of the car (and sound) under full accelleration.
It's fun ! Wouldn't want it on a daily driver though.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have a Gen II? It sounds freaking awesome on a rear-exhaust car. I can see it being too loud with side-exit, but it's wonderful on a rear-exit. The best sounding Viper I've ever heard ran Henn*ssey headers and 3", catless Henn*ssey exhaust all the way back. Badass.

TomH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I run catless and muffler delete through a rear exhaust with the original resonaters, sound is loud but not illegally loud unless I'm really getting on it. With the windows up at highway speeds it comfortable.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corsa cat back, no cats, Belanger headers, SC = Nice sound. You have to take it easy in your neighborhood, but she sounds sweeeet under a bridge.

Andy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960