Thinking of changing color on Viper!

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Gang,

I have always thought that Dodge should have put out a Viper in Plum Crazy Purple (for us older MOPAR lovers). My only concern is that I think the Viper needs something a few shades darker. I was hoping that anyone out there who may have done this could chime in. I would like to get suggestions on possible brands, if not exact paint codes.

Thanks,
Paul

:2tu:

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ideal color is candy apple purple with pearl layed over a black primer and base coat. Then add the silver stripes.

I seen a supra preped with this, it would the best color combo for a custom paint. FYI, if you use this paint on white or grey primer the purple ends up being a light magenta purple, which does not work at all for the car.

VinR1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Iris Blue - its a Porshe color available through 1996. PPG # 19279. Its a nice purple in most light, almost a dark royal in bright sunlight, and pretty much black at night

OP
OP
R

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey all,

Thanks alot for all your input. Lots of food for thought. I'll chime back in with whatever choice I make and final photos. I'm off to pick up a Gen II hood for it. Hopefully, she'll get into the shop in a few weeks.

Paul

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a NY member,(Skeeter), who has a purple RT/10.
Someone may have a picture of it from Tator's BBQ.

OP
OP
R

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey John ACR,

Would you know how to contact "Skeeter". I checked the User List, but I didn't see that name on there.

Also, thanks again to all chiming in. It's given me some good ideas for colors.

-Paul

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey John ACR,

Would you know how to contact "Skeeter". I checked the User List, but I didn't see that name on there.

Also, thanks again to all chiming in. It's given me some good ideas for colors.

-Paul

Call Chuck Tator, he may know.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960