Thinking of selling.....

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FS in Classifieds.....my 09 ACR

Have been thinkng very seriously as of late about selling my 09 ACR....In March it will be 2 years old....I really love the Viper and it's an amazing car but I've always wanted a Ferrari and with the recent prices on 08-09 F430 Scuds where they're at it's hard for me to ignore.....Anyone have an idea on what it may be worth?...5400 miles....with some new 09's still out there I'm thinking in the $78-79K range....From what I've been told it's a sought after color but not sure if that's true.....thoughts?

http://classifieds.viperclub.org/showproduct.php?product=5259&title=2009-acr&cat=54

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think you are in the price range, dont sell it to the bottom feeders. that is a nice colour combo.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best way to find out is to put it in the classifieds here and abroad. Once the low-ballers respond you'll probably want to keep it. Beautiful Viper...if you decide to sell it I hope it goes to a good home.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our SoCal president has one just like yours. It is a fantastic color combination that is both classy and screams high performance.

Good luck with your sale.

Predict you will miss your Viper if you get the Ferrari. They often are not all they are cracked up to be, and the maintenance on a used one can choke a horse.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't speak for your area, but Ferrari's are a dime a dozen here.
At an exotic car show just two weeks ago, there were dozens of every type including multiple F-430's.
I was the only Gen 4 ACR there.
But that's Long Island.

OP
OP
G

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At an exotic car show just two weeks ago, there were dozens of every type including multiple F-430's.
But that's Long Island.

A Ferrari is a rare site where I live.....much like my Nissan and Viper....

You might want to contact the guy who started the following thread, catch post #11 he was looking for one just like yours and there are not that many out there, but once you open the link in post #11 and see the pics you won't want to sell. :rolaugh:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/646680-Help-finding-2010-ACRs

Those are some awesome pics....I'm really back and forth on getting rid of it and thise pics really do make me wanna keep it....

If your going to buy a Ferrari buy Italia 458 in white..... I would....

I would but do not want to pay $300K....I think the days of the high end exotics holding their value long term are over....Ferrari and Lambo prices have really come down in recent years....A 2008 Scud with very low miles can be had for under $200K....If I went that route it would be white or silver.....it's hard to justify as for the first time in my life I have no car payments.....it's kinda a good feeling....

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But that's Long Island.

Was just about to add this. I would be pretty upset if I spent $200,000+ on my F430 only to see another 25 come rolling in. The only Vipers I see around here are the ones that are in the club. Rare to see somebody else riding around in one you dont know.

But... the F430 is beautiful! I think you'll be happy with whatever you decide.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Absolutely stunning ACR! What type of trade would the Ferrari dealer offer as the tax savings at $80k has to factor into your decision?

I drool every time I see that White/Black/Red ACR Scheme !

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No dealer would ever give you anywhere near 80k when they are selling brand new ones for 85k! I think your car is worth 75k private sale and 70k to a dealer which when you factor the tax savings its about the same to you! Good luck with your decision! If you can swing the 430, I say go for it! That is one sweet ride! Sounds amazing with exaust:2tu:

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 430 is a pretty car. Scuds are awesome. Your ACR is a beautiful car. IMO one of the best Dodge has made. Boredom *****, but regret is worse. Hard decision.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to phone and offer you $90,000.00 for your car....but then I see you drove it in the snow... so now I will offer you $50,000.00.... LOL.. I'm in the market but white just isnt my color. GLWS.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The finest ACR ever, cant believe you would sell this car. By far my favorite color combo. God every time I see an ACR I fall in love all over again. Since I cant afford my own ACR I think I will have to put the ACR splitter and wing on the wish list for my car. GLWS

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i think your car is worth more than your neighbors houses...lol

OP
OP
G

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i think your car is worth more than your neighbors houses...lol

lol....yea that house was in rough shape....recently sold for $130K and it's kinda fixed up now....I'm 38 and single so I kinda live below my means as far as my house goes.....allows me to have 2 fun cars without any financial stress.....

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No dealer would ever give you anywhere near 80k when they are selling brand new ones for 85k! I think your car is worth 75k private sale and 70k to a dealer which when you factor the tax savings its about the same to you! Good luck with your decision! If you can swing the 430, I say go for it! That is one sweet ride! Sounds amazing with exaust:2tu:

I got WAY more than that from a dealer on a trade in 09 ACR (with less mileage) only two months ago, and since it has already been resold he didn't overpay.
IMO that car should get 80-82K all day long, where are you going to get one in a nice color for that.

There are a handful of new 09 ACR's 20K off here and there but that still makes them 87-88K or more not 85K.
And the colors are less than popular.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: FS in Classifieds.....my 09 ACR

Wow, one of the best color combos for sure!

Wish I had the $, good luck on the sale

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got WAY more than that from a dealer on a trade in 09 ACR (with less mileage) only two months ago, and since it has already been resold he didn't overpay.
IMO that car should get 80-82K all day long, where are you going to get one in a nice color for that.

There are a handful of new 09 ACR's 20K off here and there but that still makes them 87-88K or more not 85K.
And the colors are less than popular.

Wow, you are beyond lucky!!! I guess it also helped that you bought a brand new one in exchange. Here is a yellow ******** acr for 85k or best offer. Also the ones listed for 87-88k do have room for wiggle. You are right though about the color, it is a slight premium! Hey I wish him luck as I have a gen 4 as well:drive:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009...ars_Trucks&hash=item20bcf8b83e#ht_28427wt_948

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
every time i turn on my Ipad, i end up looking at this car. Boy is it sweetTTT

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love the Viper but no hard decision to go with the Ferrari. Great car and not a dime a dozen anywhere. The maintenance cost is ridiculous though. Go with the Ferrari. You can always get another Viper. I know there are plenty who own both but I've never known a Ferrari owner to be torn between buying a Viper and a Ferrari. No brainer if, and I will agree its a big if, you can stomach the routine maintenance costs. I think the price you quote for your car is very reasonable.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960