This 08 roadster is unbelieveable

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys having owned all 4 generations of Vipers i have got to tell you the 08( i just picked up from Buhler)is unreal esp the power.The car is not even broken in and it definately feels faster than my 650 hp nat asperated GTS coupe that ran 11.2 at 131 on stock pilots.My friend who has owned or driven practially every supercar out there (including an Enzo )drove it last night and was very impressed.Monday if its broken in i may have to take it over to Englishtown.(Evan Smith the driver who set the magazine record of 11.7 in a stock Gen 2 Roadster has the track rented for a magazine test and is chomping at the bit to run low 11sin a stock production car.Smith has run 11.49 in a bone stock( including tires) Zo6 on a 97 degree day.I know the Viper is faster if all goes well we will see just how much

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS my buddy when pushed said the Enzo was faster BUT not by a whole bunch.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the fool that i am i just had to drive it (just around the block to check it out )BAD CHOICE now iam hooked on the thing .Incrediable car.SRT really did some job.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS Joe Houss and Darren Buhler both warned me that if i drove it once i definately would not want to sell it(esp in the summer ).What can i say they were right

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The funny thing is i know if i take it to Englishtown Monday and he (Smith ) runs near 10s on stock tires in the back of my mind its like what kind of power will i make-et with the Belanger System.In the coarse of 1 week i went from wanting to sell it to buying headers ect.Horsepower is an ADDICTIVE thing.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
"Horsepower is an ADDICTIVE thing."

Yes, it is .....

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My '08 roadster is awesome, too. It is much faster than my '05 with full Bellanger exhausts and DC computer flash. I thought the '05 was bad, but this '08 is bububububadtothebone.... A streetable racecar!

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The MM and FF track test was put off untill Tuesday 7-07 .Weather permitting i have decided to let Evan (Smith make a few passes.)If an article is not written about the 08 Viper i will (hopefully )be able to post a nice ET tommorrow.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '08 roadster is awesome, too. It is much faster than my '05 with full Bellanger exhausts and DC computer flash. I thought the '05 was bad, but this '08 is bububububadtothebone.... A streetable racecar!

I assume you have never driven an 06 coupe with a Paxton then? When Paxton makes a system for the 08, then it will be the big boy. For now the Paxtonized Gen 3 cars will whip the 08's and the new coming Vett everytime.

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The MM and FF track test was put off untill Tuesday 7-07 .Weather permitting i have decided to let Evan (Smith make a few passes.)If an article is not written about the 08 Viper i will (hopefully )be able to post a nice ET tommorrow.

As a long time MMFF reader that guy is a great 1/4 mile driver. Would love to hear his ET and MPH on your car. He will get the most out of your car.

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume you have never driven an 06 coupe with a Paxton then? When Paxton makes a system for the 08, then it will be the big boy. For now the Paxtonized Gen 3 cars will whip the 08's and the new coming Vett everytime.

With the computers, raised compression, and the internals of the engine being close to tapped, I wouldn't count on a supercharged 08 for a long while......

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a long time MMFF reader that guy is a great 1/4 mile driver. Would love to hear his ET and MPH on your car. He will get the most out of your car.
Evan and i have been friends for a long time.(Many years ago he won quite a few Mopar Atlantic National events in my old GTS.He also used the same car in a comparison shootout of true streetsable 10 second streetcars (mustangs verses the world -JAN 2001.)The guy has the unique ability of getting the best possible time out of a car after 3 or 4 runs. When John Coletti (former head of SVT )had to have the best possible ET out of the prototype Ford Gt he provided one foe Smith to test at Englishtown.Once again hopefully all will go well tomorrow and the Viper will have the best OFFICIAL TIMES of any stock production AMERICAN CAR EVER.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long you been waiting CitySnake? Its July already and they're probably getting close to 09s..

I guess about 9 months. I've got a deadline in my head (not much else I fear :D) after which I will drop the '08 order and just put in an '09 order. With the factory closed until 7/18, I'm hoping for a delivery the week of the 21st.

What's killing is that the car has been completed (back at the factory from Prefix) for over 5 weeks now! Sadly, the waiting experience takes a great deal of the "luster" off buying a new Viper.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap I just realized the first Viper I was in was yours! It took me a minute, when I first started putting 650HP Viper and Evan Smith together is when it hit me.

--RS

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap I just realized the first Viper I was in was yours! It took me a minute, when I first started putting 650HP Viper and Evan Smith together is when it hit me.

--RS

How are you.That pictue must be at least 6-7 years old?

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ps my GTS was-is fast BUT, the GEN 4 more than holds its own.Today (horrible horsepower weather, plus direct head wind )Evan ran 11.45 at 127 on a bad 1.9 60 foot time.To put it in perspective the best my 650 hp gts ever ran was 11.2 at 131.5(great weather for power ,great track prep =1.65 sixty foot times on stock pilots )

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup sure is, I was around 10 years old at the time, I'm 19 now. LOL I remember I couldn't see over the dash and 1st and 2nd gear chugged to get the car goin. Evan took me to the end of the track and we hit 95 mph pretty quick.

--RS

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The man (SMITH )can drive .Yesterday he had NEVER so much as sat in a current Viper (GEN 3 OR 4 )but within his second run he was at 11.4s.It will be real interesting to see what my Gen 4 will turn once its broken in with the track prepped on a cool day.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Evan can drive! I have my Red Snake Racing hat somewhere! Let me know when you guy's plan on running again. I do photography now, been doing it for a few years actually. I got myself a Dodge Magnum, I'm usually at E-town every month or so. LXForums/Modern Mopars doesn't start racing again till September. Most recent vipers pics I took where in May.

--RS

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red Snake racing is my old friend Don Nace .I have not seen him for many years but i hear he has gone pro now and is tearing up the import truck series ?Next time i go to Englishtown with Smith i will let you know.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21