This camera mount thingy is FUN.... video inside

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, OK, Here I'm just driving the Florida backroads having fun in the twisties and straights for a couple minutes on Sunday Morning...

I was out looking for some crotch rockets, but couldn't find any. On the way home, I hit record and had a little fun... .

Gerald

Video
again, you'll have to right click and hit 'save as' enjoy..

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice back roads! I need to get a camera mount for next weekend, do you remember who makes the camera mount for a RT/10?
I guess it is a stupid question how you like your DLM system.

Andy

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah does not look like you broke the speed limit at all.

Nice video and road to rip on, looks like not a lot of traffic on that road.

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This camera mount is for RT/10's and GTS, samething, it mounts under the seat , rises up behind the pass. front seat, hanges over the center of the car and the camera sits on it.. I bought it from www.viperinnovations.com

Gerald

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you leave it in the car or do you take it out when you are done filming? Can a passenger fit in at the same time?

Thanks
Andy

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks nice. Felt that I was there.

Make sure the exposure is set for outside and not inside the car.

Also you might try setting the focus to infinity.

Keep it up.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Fun video to watch! Camera is properly aimed for best view of outside scenery. (Compared to some poorly done videos, where all you see is the dashboard, with a great view of the clouds behind) Good job.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I liked, I liked! Really liked the music to. I was just in Florida (Titusville "Boringville") for business and let me say that, all of the roads there are like that. And theres SAND, SAND, SAND all over the place! lol...

Austin

S

SUN RA KAT

Real nice video. Sunday morning Florida traffic is a lot lighter than traffic in Ohio on a Sunday morning unless you are in deep rural Ohio. I may have to set up my video camera to show how fast the speed limits are in Ohio...

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the quality is kind of off because of the radar detection making the camera focus on that. The other video I did I didn't have the radar detector mounted on there. I noticed it looked a little "bright" on this video. I don't know why, I'll just have to keep messing with it. It is a Sony digital camera. "Handycam" TV-22

AJT, yes absolutely... You never even notice the camera mount is there, it's behind the seat and only takes up about 1" if not even of space behind the seat. It took me about 5 minutes to put it in and no drilling, taking anything off the car or disassemblying anything.

Gerald

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fun video, Gerald. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing more, now that you have that nifty camera mount. A must-have for every Viper!

You must be registered for see images

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the quality is kind of off because of the radar detection making the camera focus on that. The other video I did I didn't have the radar detector mounted on there. I noticed it looked a little "bright" on this video. I don't know why, I'll just have to keep messing with it. It is a Sony digital camera. "Handycam" TV-22

AJT, yes absolutely... You never even notice the camera mount is there, it's behind the seat and only takes up about 1" if not even of space behind the seat. It took me about 5 minutes to put it in and no drilling, taking anything off the car or disassemblying anything.

Gerald

I have the exact same camera as you, and maybe you already know this but you can manually focus by touching any point on the LCD screen and it will change the focus to that spot. I wonder if that would help to avoid the camera focusing on the radar detector? Or then again becasue you are moving maybe it won't help. I bought a nice little .45 wide angle lense and a 2X telephoto lens for around $45 a piece on E-bay. I checked and the retail price on each lens is around $200. The wide angle is a must, works great for my in-car videos. I have not watched your video yet, I'll download it right now and take a look at the fun.

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL Adam!!!!

Nexus, that was the radio... i was actually trying to turn it up and I hit Van Halen I that was in the CD, but liked the "Summer" much more...

Sean, since you have the exact same camera, is there a way to turn the camera on/off w/ the remote? It keeps turning off if it's unused for a few minutes for power save feature and it's a pain to reach around and turn it back off then on again to get power.. !!??

Gerald

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a babe magnet.... Gerald tell them your a movie producer and how would they like to be in one of your movies...Let go for a ride.
Cudaman :usa:

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean, since you have the exact same camera, is there a way to turn the camera on/off w/ the remote? It keeps turning off if it's unused for a few minutes for power save feature and it's a pain to reach around and turn it back off then on again to get power.. !!??

Gerald

Hmmm. I looked at the manual and it doesn't look like you can turn the power on with the remote. That is a pretty stupid design. Now how am I gonna turn this thing on when I am trying to videotape my ****** escapades in secret? :D You would think there would be a way to turn the power save feature off. I haven't found it yet. Oh and hey, the night shot feature works great if you are out on the hunt of crotch rockets at night. I took some of me going through some tunnels and stuff and going up to redline. Got it home and watched it and it looked like I was watching an in-car camera view from the tv show Cops. I think I'll dub the Bad Boys sountrack over this baby. I picked up a Pinnacle Studio 8 digital movie editing software package at Best Buy that was around $300 but on sale for $200 a little while back so I'll have to play with thatthing.

This camera came in handy yesterday when I went to this Street Dreams car show here in Detroit. Videotaped the entire bikini contest as well as several of the car model girls. Hey, they are coming to Tampa next I think. I only went there to look at the girls, as most of the cars were of the 10 tv screen, playstation in the dash, neon light, bling bling variety.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like fun Sean, we gots to cruise soon, rehitting my GTS with pads/flush right now, out of commission for a few days though.....

trivia time, what song and by who is that tune?

I like it, have to download, oops, I mean spend 20 bucks for 1 song at Bestbuy.:D

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald - great video!! I know Ted (Viper Innovations) and his mount is great. I live just a couple of miles from him and have yet to get the mount, but after watching your video, I'm inspired to do so!! :)

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like fun Sean, we gots to cruise soon, rehitting my GTS with pads/flush right now, out of commission for a few days though.....

trivia time, what song and by who is that tune?

I like it, have to download, oops, I mean spend 20 bucks for 1 song at Bestbuy.:D

Yeah, maybe Saturday for a little cruising. I gotta get this thing into the shop as my extended warranty expires in 1 month and I want to get everything fixed if there are any problems, plus I haven't done the 998 & 999 or whatever recalls yet.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since you took the HP thing to an extreme, why not video? OK. Borrow or buy 1 or 2 more camera's. Aim one at the speedo/tach, one at the road, and one at the passengers face..... Then do some crazy editing so we can view them at the same time....

P.S. - On a serious note, watch those driveways - Some blue haired women is bound to pull out right in front of you, while you cruising at 100 MPH (my guess). Kind'a made me nervous watching....

Listen to me, lecturing.... I'm such a hypocrite :rolleyes:

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great video - again Gerald - such effortless power!

The roads remind me just what I remember of the countryside in Mississippi when I was driving around between there and New Orleans last year....

JeremyS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't see the video! I keep getting a black explorer page that says the page can't be found. What format is it in? Is there a reason I can't see it?