This IS the bottom line.

Hockeysnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We all read the posts about the "other" sports cars who's faster, who's slower, who has more mods, blah blah blah. While this makes for some interesting banter I propose this:

Everytime I go to my garage and look at the Viper it is like the first time I saw one in 1992. When I take it for a drive it is like being on parade and the comments I get are almost always positive. The Viper just has an aura about it that I have not seen in many other cars.

I love the way the car looks just sitting there as if it were speeding without moving. I love that it is loud and unrefined. I love that it has little idiosyncracies and is not like driving any other car. I love this car and even though we should not love "things" I make this one exception.

So you can keep your other sports cars, and if I get passed by one that happens to be modded to the nines, good for you, your car is faster which has no bearing on my life at all. It is NOT a Viper and never will be.

Enjoy your Vipers Boys and Girls, they are something special.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang Hockeysnake, were are you in AZ? I am amazed at how "invisible" I feel when driving the Viper. No one even gives a look. Finally last night a 40-something couple at Barnes and Noble (I was picking up the Viper Buyers Guide) mentioned they had never seen a silver before and liked it a lot, and this morning a 2nd or 3rd grader on a bicycle gave me a thumbs up on his way to school. It's a tough crowd here in NE PHX/N Scottsdale.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheers brother!!! I'm treated like a rock-star when I take my Viper out.

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just returned from a drive and the attention is incredible. Does it ever stop?
When I had my SRT no one even noticed.
(Just kidding.)

OP
OP
H

Hockeysnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
PhoenixS4- I just hang by Barnes and Noble and drive by schools alot.LOL.

It just seems to be a pretty constant thing. Even when I have it parked in front of restaurants and there are other very nice cars there, people seem to stop and check the Vipe out.

You also notice the head turn factor when you are stopped at a light first in line and the cross traffic going by, I would say 8 out of 10 look. I'm just calling it like I see it.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everytime I go to my garage and look at the Viper it is like the first time I saw one in 1992. The Viper just has an aura about it that I have not seen in many other cars.

I love the way the car looks just sitting there as if it were speeding without moving. I love that it is loud and unrefined. I love that it has little idiosyncracies and is not like driving any other car. I love this car and even though we should not love "things" I make this one exception.

I agree 100%.

I did remove the comment about being on parade from the quote. I don't care about being on parade, most times I would MUCH rather NOT be noticed, which unfortunately is almost impossible in the Viper.

I don't care if others see me, it's not about acting like a big shot or showing off, or getting all the attention, that's just shallow. I just love the feeling of driving it. It feels like driving one of the race cars on the street.

The key thing in HockeySnakes comment is that "Every time I go to the garage and look at the Viper it is like the first time I saw one in 1992."

Every time I see one of mine, every time I drive one of mine, it is like it's the first time all over again. I've never had that feeling with ANY of my past exotics, hot rods, custom bikes, Lux rides, H2's or anything else.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there are more who feel like you brother!

You hit the nail in the head. Thanks.

I think I'll go to the garage and have a look at the old snake!

Walt McFarland

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So well said.

I'd add that from time to time another car catches my eye for a moment until I again open that garage door. I swear, everything about the car speaks to me.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just the other day i was parked by Barneys (high end dept store) on madison ave here in NYC and there was a bentley parked right on the other side of me on the other side of the one way street. well this older man came out of barneys and jumped into the back of his bentley. he stared at the car and came out and walked up to me and asked me what it was. i told him it was made by dodge and he was just amazed. he said he has many sports cars and never knew this one existed and how he would like to get one. he asked me if it was fast and i said yes real fast. well after him looking at it he said its a great looking car. i thought that was kewl. i love my viper..