This may be ghetto, but the Enzo Ferrari has it..why not a Viper.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was watching a show the otherday on Million dollar cars on the TLC channel...pretty cool show by the way if you missed it.

On the Enzo Ferrari, the car had a lift system that worked on air I think, but what the system did was raise the front end up a little to accomodate the car on steep angle driveways or areas where the car wouldn't have clearance.

I am thinking of doing this also because there are times where I can't drive my car in certain driveways because of the grade. It's not that big of a problem, but it seems to be a good idea.

Any idea how one would go about this or look into it?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lambo Diablo has it too.

If you could add an electric motor to the Motons to raise or lower the car from inside?

The people who really need it are ricer kidz for thier Hondas. They just can't seem to keep a front airdam intact.
Attention ricers: You need to put the front wheels of an F350 crew cab right up against the curb when parking or you'll block traffic. You DON'T have to do that in a Civic.

DG Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam... this is a good idea for you. I think my wife is still cringing from hearing you scrape the front end of your car on my driveway!

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh look who gave thier two cents! Jon the troll!

Jon, how's the old bucket or refurbished viper of yours? Where you been??

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's an awesome idea! I'd probably lower my car if I could come up with a way to lift it on bumps!

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bolt on some of the wheels that they use on the back of Winnebago's. They will lift the front end up when needed!!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh look who gave thier two cents! Jon the troll!

Jon, how's the old bucket or refurbished viper of yours? Where you been??

lol, my Arrow motor ? The one that has a warranty ? Probably a lot better then your Frankinstein. Have you even ran that damn thing ? Bet you still pull 12's again, which I did STOCK. Good luck with that pos. Keep the Rice coming, I got plenty of soy sauce.

-You Daddy

Ps. How are all my used ass Spare parts doing on your car ?? Guess that makes your a Used POS.

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SL600's air suspension is really intended to auto-level the car and make the suspension's hardness adjustable. It DOES raise the car up but only an inch or two.

Many Mercedes have had auto-adjusting air suspensions over the last 20 years but I don't think any of them were adujstable by the driver until very recently. As a matter of fact, there was a sensor on the rear of the station wagons of the early 90s that would fail and cause the rear suspension to extend to full height. They would look like dragsters going down the street when this happened.

Anyway, I've considered building the same type of system for the VIper, ab. There are adjustable shocks for the Viper (H-Man used them for a while) that have a collar that turns to raise or lower the spring. I considered an electric motor to turn the collar using a belt or something similar to a bicycle chain but I'm not sure a 12 volt motor could generate the torque required. The other problem is it's going to be hard to mount a sizable motor in the wheel well as there's very little clearance when you consider the arc of the wheel as it turns and goes up and down. The motor would have to be very thin which makes it less likely it would have the required torque.

An air-based system is a possibility but old-style air shocks probably don't perform very well compared to even the stock Viper shocks. The problem with normal air shocks is that the rebound goes to almost 0 when the car is raised. I'm not sure how the MB system gets around this. It MIGHT be possible to retrofit MB parts onto the Viper to build a system like this. I've got some machine tools at my disposal for custom-building parts and can design others on a CAD/CAM system and have them manufactured. Still, using MB and custom-made parts, this isn't going to be a cheap endeavor.

--Rob

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have looked into this. The Lambo Diablo / Murci both have it. I don't want to lower my car unless something like this becomes an option.

I want a system that will not affect the handling. I have stared at the Viper suspension for hours.....no luck so far.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What I was thinking is to add to the Viper suspension....like adding some type of shocks on the side that you could use to raise the car and when it's not needed. The system would just be passive to the viper suspension. Just some thing that could raise the car about 2-3 " off the ground would do for me.

Jon, if you mean the Jeff Morrey Heads being ass...yes it works great for my application. Sorry your POS can't stay together...down the track...My car is hardly the car it was before. Rice to you or not...my car will slap your ass plus call you susie after it rolls on you like an egg roll that just fell off the table. :2tu: So don't get mad because no one wants to buy your ACR that you beat to death. Go away little troll. :D

-Your daddy's daddy

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Couldn't you use an airbag system like what it used to drop cars to the ground? Rather then cutting the suspension so you can drop the car to the ground just leave it where it is so the airbags then lift you up.

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ohlins shock on my Ducati has hydraulic preload adjustment. It looks like a coilover shock, but the preload adjuster consists of a hydraulic "ring" where the threaded collars normally reside, connected to a remote hydraulic adjuster.
There's an old post on how to convert the stock Konis to accept threaded adjustable collars; if the diameters are similar, something like this could be used instead, in conjunction with a small hydraulic pump. It might not even be too much work....

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, if you mean the Jeff Morrey Heads being ass...yes it works great for my application. Sorry your POS can't stay together...down the track...My car is hardly the car it was before. Rice to you or not...my car will slap your ass plus call you susie after it rolls on you like an egg roll that just fell off the table. :2tu: So don't get mad because no one wants to buy your ACR that you beat to death. Go away little troll. :D

-Your daddy's daddy

Your cracks are as weak as your car. How come you have had those parts for at least 4 months and you STILL dont have any dyno time, or track time to back them up ? All I keep seeing are posts about whats wrong, like boost leaks, etc. Yeah, my car is great, I have no desire to sell it, once I stopped modding the crap out of it, it went to being trouble free... looks like you inhereted those troubles. Keep going ricer boy, I'm sure when you finally get it going, some more teens with throw food at it, and you can beat them up. Your still my hero.

-Your Mom's Daddy

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ha! you can do better than that troll boy. 4 months? I take my time...You have no desire to sell your car? LOL!...You mean you can't find any fools to buy it. So what you are telling me is that Jeff Morey heads are what?....Go snap some more gears...I don't have any boost leaks and if I did, I would rather have that than your broken ass car. Stay normal...little man with big mouth. I'm still taller than your 5'5 ****.

-Your Mom's Father's Daddy...

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AT least you have Gerald supporting you. Perhaps when your sitting on his lap, is when you finally break above the 4'3 height we all know you are. Stop trying to talk all big about your busted ass car, mine is on the road, running fine, and pulled a 2:22 at VIR last weekend with it in stock form. So let me know when your rice mobile is done, and we'll go to VIR or another such track, and go mono y mono. (Thats 1 on 1 ricer boy)

PS. I want to congradulate you on your last Rice mobile, your well on your way to doing it to the viper.

4596sm_ab-rice1-med.jpg

4596sm_ab-rice2-med.jpg

-As your Father, I am very proud of your ability to fugly perfectly fine automobiles.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh boy! Troll boy has to have the last word...

LOL! I am not going to even repsond to your weak ass response. You can do better than that! Come on that's weak! Kinda of like the parts that were replaced on your broken ass car. LOL!

Oh by the way you already used that picture in the past before.....running out of things to say? Yawn!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way, I think its still funny. That is honestly your old car, and you did honestly rice it out. So I have full expectations of you doing so to the Viper. BTW if your not going to respond.. then dont... you *****..

Geeze, your so busy talking about how your not going to respond, that you responded.

DORK.

-Pops

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Gerald supporting you?" huh? I'm just enjoying this thread.... Adam can take care of himself...and I'm sure you can too! :) This is some great reading.. keeps me entertained while I'm busting my ass at home working.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4