This may be one for the Wizard...Lug Nuts?

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay
I recently replaced my wheels from the stock wheels that covered the lug nuts that were non-chrome and now have chrome SRT wheels/tires and now need the chrome lug nuts.

I was told by a few people that the Dodge Ram or the Dodge Durango's use the same lug nuts that my Viper will need?

If so, i would like to have the part number or what year Ram or Durangos to cross reference them to ensure fitment on my 97 GTS in chrome?

Thanks in advance!

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't someone going to produce a list of parts used on other vehicles that will work on the vipers?? John

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PartsRack can prove triple-chrome HRE lugnots for half the price of the plastic-capped OEM lugs. NICE. About $75 /set of 24, full metal 3Xchrome lugs.

We also have Viper Logo machined lugs on our site

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't someone going to produce a list of parts used on other vehicles that will work on the vipers?? John
That would be me. I'll add this to the list and put it up shortly. A nice thing I saw on a BMW motorcycle forum was that they made the post sticky so it always stays on top. I'll take it up with the moderator at a later date.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB,

This is a question you should know the answer to.

Does anyone make Ti lug nuts? If so how much? Would be a big weight savings considering the OEM ones are so heavy.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I researched lug nuts and found the Gorilla ones were great. It was very confusing which ones to get because they make many different ones that will fit. I received conflicting information and only cleared it up by going to their website. I wish I would have written down the part #'s.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taken from a post I made last year:

I decided to go with the Gorilla lugs and matching wheel locks. I didn't like the look of McGard's locks... doesn't match the rest of the lugs.

Also, the local Discount Tire was a retailer. The Gorilla acorn lugs were part #41188HT. These are the 3/4" Hex Head 1/2" Bulge Acorn nuts. They are only SLIGHTLY longer than stock nuts (about 1/8", but are still recessed [ie, they don't stick out past wheel]). The stock nuts were a joke... comprised of a 17mm nut covered by a 19mm shell.

The matching locks were roughly the same size, and are part #71481N.

I was able to get the whole set for $45 + tax, and they installed them for free (torque wrench, of course). A worthwhile investment to prevent our wheels from falling off, in my opinion.