Enthusiast
Reaction score
<font color="blue">
First Annual
Drive for Opportunity
September 16, 2006

Presented by

The New York/Connecticut Viper Club

The New York/Connecticut Viper Club along with the other Tri-state regions are very proud to announce the first annual

Drive for Opportunity

September 16, 2006

Terravest Corporate Park
International Drive
Brewster, NY

Mapquest Ace Endico on International Drive from I-84. Very easy to get to from the whole tri-state area

This is to benefit the Hudson Valley Cerebral Palsy Association of New York. Only in the preliminary stages of organization, but we are determined to make this event the biggest event the Viper Club has ever taken on as a Charity. Rather than wait another month for more details to be in
place, we wanted to give everybody as much time as possible to get this date on your calendars, rain or shine.

Some of the plans we will be rolling out will include:

Raffle car, yet to be determined, open to the whole nation wide Viper Club, promising to be very unique.

Vendors similar to what goes on at VOI's.

Activities for Children, making this Fun for the whole family.

Advertisement space available for purchase in brochures to market your business to the Tri-State NY/CT/NJ area.

Who are we helping ?

Hudson Valley Cerebral Palsy Association (HVCPA) is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) Health and Human Services Agency that provides services to individuals who experience disabilities throughout the Hudson Valley region. The Agency began providing these services in a 7,500 square foot site in Patterson, NY in 1987, and currently occupies over 33,000 square feet in three buildings. Due to the growing needs of our community for more services, the Agency is in the process of constructing a new 71,000 square foot building in the Town of Southeast, Putnam County, NY.

The Agency currently provides a variety of programs to infants and children through the HVCPA Childhood Center Programs (CCP) including Early Intervention, Pre-School and Itinerant Teacher programs, and clinical services to through its DOH Article 28 Clinic, including general pediatrics, child psychiatry, pediatric neurology, and all rehabilitative services.

The Agency also operates the following programs for adults, including Day Treatment and Day Habilitation for individuals who experience developmental disabilities and Structured Day Programs for individuals who experience a traumatic brain injury. HVCPA also provides community based residential services including Intermediate Care Facilities (ICFs), Individualized Residential Alternatives (IRAs) and Residential Living Facilities, including apartments. In addition, HVCPA operates an Article 28 diagnostic and treatment clinic that provides a large range of medical and therapeutic services, including: Mental Health (psychiatric and psychological evaluation and treatment and behavioral analysis), physical and occupational therapies, speech and language therapies, audiology, as well as primary medical and specialty medical services including neurology, orthopedics, physiatry, podiatry, ENT, and specialized Dental Services. In addition, the Agency provides service coordination to individuals who experience disabilities, as well as operates the Home Service Program in collaboration with the New York State Elks Association. The Agency currently provides services to approximately 4,000 people within the region, and employs over 300 individuals.

The development of this new building will provide our community an opportunity to benefit from enhanced programming and service provision that will become a reality in this specially designed environment. The building will provide a barriers free environment for any individual who requires services. Those needed services, including early intervention, pre-school, adult living skills, and medical will be enhanced to meet a growing waiting list. The citizens of Putnam County and its environs will be able to receive services closer to home. Specialized training modalities will be available so that people will have access to, and therefore experience art, music, theater, woodworking and cooking. Adults will be able to learn greater independence by having a training apartment available to them. In addition, this new site will allow for enhanced primary and specialty medical service including dental, available to everyone in our community. This building will provide the people the Agency serves, as well as the community at large the resources necessary to promote maximum good health, as well as provide the individual the opportunity to achieve his/her greatest individual potential.

More to come, but in the meantime if there are any questions, concerns, ideas, or contributions of $$, please do not hesitate to contact:

Adrian Byrd @ [email protected]
Andrew Cinque @ [email protected]
Greg Tembeck @ [email protected]
Charlie Tedesco @ [email protected]
</font>

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick update list on some Vendors being contacted to attend:

Midas
AAMCO
Formula 1 Driving School
Xperience Days Inc.
The Inside Track Speedway
Sirius Satellite Radio
XM Satellite Radio
Bull's Bridge Detail Shop
Rims on Rides Wappingers Falls, NY
K&amp;E Auto Detailing New Milford, CT
Autoplates.com
Vinyl Velocity Mobil Detail Pleasant Valley, NY
Pep Boys
Racetickets.com Daytona Beach, FL
Endurance Karting Englishtown, NJ
Mario Andretti Racing School Las Vegas, NV
Skip Barber Racing School
NASCAR Tickets

Andrew

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If not in vagas I will be there

Good point russ. I know many of us from NY and CT are getting our vipers shipped around that week to VOI and the date won't work for a lot of us. It can't be a VCA event if most of us won't be around...

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WE thought about this when setting it up. VOI is a full week after this event, which means there is a full week to ship the cars. We couldn't go to early in Sept due to Labor day, and August is not good with lots out on vacations. Later Sept or Oct could risk bad weather. We didn't think the VOI was going to occupy 2-3 weeks worth of time. I'm sure this will be a great turn out.

Please remember the Raffle car yet to be announced. No matter if you are at VOI or at home or where-ever, anyone could always buy ticket for the vehicle. That alone will make this a VCA-worthy event.

There will be lots more details to come, and lots more interest generated. Thanks for taking the time to check this out.

AC

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
City I did ask Keith to help contact other exotic car clubs because of VOI and other events that might be going on that day.We are going to do our best to make this big. Thank you for making sure everything is going right...Adrian

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
City I did ask Keith to help contact other exotic car clubs because of VOI and other events that might be going on that day.We are going to do our best to make this big. Thank you for making sure everything is going right...Adrian
Oh Excellent! My mistake.

This looks like it may rapidly become our feature event. Serious thanks to Andrew and Adrian be taking this on! :2tu:

Please keep us in the loop and let us know whenever we can help. I'm only fearful that there's SOOOO much for you guys to handle. We're here to help when you need us.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
City, I know you and the board is here to help us if needed and I thank you. I just don't want to be called THE PUPPET :D I want to pull my own strings..(inside joke that Scott and I have) This is going to be very big I PROMISE...Thanks again Scott for trusting us on doing this :2tu: Adrian

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith, and everyone else looking to help, I really appreciate the help. This is a serious event, for a very needy and respectable cause. I should know, I work with the Clients of UCP two-three days out of the week. What these people go through is very tough. But as serious as this event is, and as HUGE as it's getting, it needs to be FUN !!!! I'm doing this with a smile on my face, not a **** as though it's just a lousy job. This is a great thing the Club is doing, :usa: and it'll be so much easier done under the esteemed leadership of our rapidly responsive, successful, caring, strong minded, detail oriented, and maybe good looking King, Scott. :D :D I'm cracking myself up.

So Keith, thanks for contacting those guys. It's one less thing that has to stay on my list. See you SUnday at NYU. Adrian, you are on FIRE. Thanks !

Adrian, you have mail.

Andrew

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem. Glad I could help. I will try to work on that section to get them but I will wait a little while till it gets closer. See you Sunday!

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JOHN B from PARTSRACK get the :2tu: up. Why? Not only is he helping with TOYS FOR TOTS but also want to help out with our charity for the KIDS. A BIG THANK YOU JOHN B more people should step up to the plate. Thanks again,Adrian Byrd

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B, thanks for everything. When the time comes around and we really get rolling with when and where the help is needed, we'll be knocking on your door.

Thanks again.

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slight correction but important. Please note that Ace Endico is in no way connected to this event as described above. Thanks for the understanding. This was an early post as I explained, and some changes and updates will come about as time goes on.

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery