THis will be my last post on this board. Great info and people! Time 4 me to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
After telling about my experience with JonB and some of the reaction from senior memebers and Moderators of this board, I feel like the best thing for me to do is hang it up and bow out. I'm sure a lot of you are mad about exposing some things that went on behind the scenes. Moderators seem to take sides and I don't care for the NAZ! attitude.

My thread got cancelled and it seem to be onesided. I was accused of lying about being a VCA memeber when I never did say that. JonB used that to make me look like a liar.

I guess I am a "sponge", but I DID send in my application with my credit card and anyone can verify that. I DID attend VCA meetings and pay dues when everyone else did to help support the club.

I just wanted to say I did enjoy the time and knowledge of this site. I met some good people here.

I guess the positive side of this is: JonB might give better customer service and be fair on all his business dealings.

JonB you won! I'm out.

MODERATORS: GO AHEAD AND REMOVE MY PROFILE AND ACCOUNT FROM THIS SITE. I NO LONGER WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS. I WOULD REVOKE MY VCA MEMEBERSHIP APPLICATION, BUT IT'S BEEN SENT IN ALREADY. NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT THAT I GUESS.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL! INCLUDING YOU JONB!

I take all the above back!!!!!!!!!!!!

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats why I wont join the VCA...bunch of people who worship Jon...I am my own person..when the herd goes one way I go the complete opposite direction!

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
I do not see a need to take it this far ab.

Every once in a while, someone has a bad experience with a vender, or they make an off hand comment about something.

People will bash, others will join in. It's unavoidable.

No vender is perfect. I'm sure things could be said about every vender in existance. Personally, I like JonB. You do not. There is no need to be pissed at each other about it.

It would be a shame for you to leave, and a shame that you would consider the VCA in the light that you do.

Let things settle down. Your point has been made. No need to take it any further.

Thanks

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ab,
Why don't you just forget about this and stay around? Everyone gets worked up now and then. Nobody's perfect. Don't make it a vendetta. Let it slide, life is too short. Joe

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ab,
I agree with the posts above. After reading your post, I neither sided with JonB, or assumed that you were a sponge or liar. The post was informative. In my recollection, there were a couple of memebers who sided with you as well. You have been a regular poster to this board, and a value in general. I dont think you should take it as far as leaving. Maybe you should think it over a good night's sleep.

Mike L

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I always say "quitters never win" and "winners never quit" .

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have to agree that even i took offense to the "sponge" comment and it made me feel unwelcomed.. im not a VCA member , nor do i own a viper, but i do ask a good amount of questions... does this qualify me in the same "sponge" category? at least AB owns a viper..

its one thing when the comment comes from another member, you can kind of just roll with it, but when it comes from one of the higher ups, its hard to swallow.

- eddie -

Ernie J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AB sooner or later it all comes out in the wash. Two years ago there were many unfavorable posts about Hennessey.The moderators jumped all over the authors,deleted the posts using the excuse that there was no evidence, and other board members verbally castrated the authors. Well its two years later and how things have changed. Like I said sooner or later it all comes out in the wash. I think its more fun just to sit back and watch it evolve.It seems to take some of these guys years to pull their heads out of the sand.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eddie N:
i have to agree that even i took offense to the "sponge" comment and it made me feel unwelcomed.. im not a VCA member , nor do i own a viper, but i do ask a good amount of questions... does this qualify me in the same "sponge" category? at least AB owns a viper..

its one thing when the comment comes from another member, you can kind of just roll with it, but when it comes from one of the higher ups, its hard to swallow.

- eddie -

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YOU'RE NO SPONGE!!!!!!!!! INSIDERS SAY THAT YOU'LL HAVE A VIPER AND BE A VCA MEMBER SOON ANYWAY!
laugh.gif

IF NOT, YOU'RE STILL WELCOME ON THIS BOARD EDDIE!

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eddie N,

I agree with you...sponge was/is too hard a word to be using here. I personally enjoy reading posts from those that do not own Vipers...they often have an "outside the goldfish bowl" view that some us Viper owners just can't see. I always read ab's posts and he has always seemed like a very enthusiastic/knowledgeable Viper owner and we all hate to see an owner decide that enough is enough...especially from within a medium that involves avatars. Personally, I would like to see ab and Jon "fix" their situation among each other and not on this board. It has continued to amaze me just how much board interest is generated when a post starts to bash a vendor/supplier of the Viper. I like Jon because he often takes the time to help explain an answer to a question that I may have...instead of just selling me a part. He could cut his phone bill by 75% if he just "sold" parts and did not help when he could or had the time.
Keep postin' Eddie and hang in there ab...

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
CStegall

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eddie,

Not to worry, in the years I've been following posing, posting and gathering knowledge around this board and the old one, I've finally learned not to take offence so fast, it does no good for you, if it doesn't have you're name on, forget about it.

Craig.... Senior poser

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ab,
Whenever there is a controversial post people are bound to take sides, it' s just human nature.
I am the first to agree 100% that certain vendors seem predatory in nature and look to slip in a "plug" or advertisement at every opportunity. Maybe this is a problem that should be dealt with as there is plenty of room on the sites banners for appropriate paid advertising.
We've all been burned by a salesperson, vendor, mechanic, etc. at some point.....It happens.
Don't take this personally...Stick around. Your input and postings are important and most importantly NOT SOLICITOUS.
Hope you reconsider.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
JonB you won! I'm out.

MODERATORS: GO AHEAD AND REMOVE MY PROFILE AND ACCOUNT FROM THIS SITE. I NO LONGER WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS. I WOULD REVOKE MY VCA MEMEBERSHIP APPLICATION, BUT IT'S BEEN SENT IN ALREADY. NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT THAT I GUESS.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL! INCLUDING YOU JONB!

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Adam,

Take a step back and take a few breaths. We are all here primarily because we enjoy Vipers and the comaradarie that goes along with it. A bad experience and some negative posts shouldn't be reason for you to bail out. There are always two sides to every story and everybody has their own opinion; agree or disagree with it. Sponge off what you can and go on. Life's too short to let something like this get to you.

Both you and Jon are assets to this board. I've learned a lot from responses to your many questions(like wearing a full mask when welding
redface.gif
laugh.gif
). I've also had positive dealings with JonB and learned from his posts.

Bottom line,,,STICK AROUND!!!

As for SPONGE? I'm probably one of the biggest sponges around....AND PROUD OF IT!
bounce.gif

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam, I kind of agree with you, but I've never had a problem with anyone..

I too just about cancelled my VCA membership the very next week after I signed up. Being part of the Central Florida VCA in 2001. I opted out in 2001 because I really didnt' feel like the VCA did anything for me or my interests. In 2002 I felt I did use the board alot and didn't mind attending meetings now and then and the meetings, when they were, were 1 1/2 hours drive for me and were NEVER in the Tampa area even thouht I would say 75 % of the members were from that area.

I recv'd an email (name with held but anybody can guess) and was told to rethink my membership because I was just using my membership to get into VOI. I about flipped as I can read between the lines that the VCA didn't want me. I joined because I feel that going to VOI, I OWE the Viper community the 100 dollars for the VOI experience and the usefullness of this board.. I cannot believe the NERVE of some of the officers in the VCA. After explaining that, I STILL got the reply of rethinking me joining and it would be better for me not to join.

Personally, my experience with the VCA has been HORRIBLE. But I think I owe to a FEW people on here.
You know who you are. At the next meeting, I may say "Hi", but I think you can guess what I really mean...

Since this was a venting thread. I thought I might also.

Thanks for the rant..

Gerald

p.s.

ADAM,
bottom line is I HOPE YOU STAY. We've become good friends and have hung out more than a few times. We joke around, etc. Please don't let the friends you have made suffer. I personally joke around with you, but it's all in GOOD FUN as it is with everyone on here. So please, please stick around and ask all the friggin' dumba$$ questions you want and please let me ....sigh..... when I read them you gorilla , banana eatin' fewl!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've E-mailed you already so you know how I feel on this issue!!! We're all waiting to see if you do the right thing buddy! Don't disappoint us!
pissed.gif
pissed.gif

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Adam,
I would have to be with VPRVENM97 when he says
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Take a step back and take a few breaths. We are all here primarily because we enjoy Vipers and the comaradarie that goes along with it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't make any hastey decisions. Besides, who would Gerald have to abuse?!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Give it a couple of days and ask another question. And if anybody gives you any grief when you do post again, they are just being a d!ck.

Mike

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ab,
Say it ain't so!
Stick around.
We are ONLY human.
Some better and some worse, but mostly good.
There is NO winner here, if you leave we are all LOSERS.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam, take a day off; you'll feel better. More than a few people have posted "I'm outta here" posts only to be back a few days later. No need to bail over some used brake pads; when you come out swinging, you should expect that there will be people on both sides of the arguement.

Stay and enjoy.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ab,
Take a few weeks off and then come back.
That is what i did when the board got sectioned apart.
I liked it the old way and still would prefer one form.
But this board has so much awesome info I could stay away
longer than a few weeks. you will miss it.
I read you post this morning and dont agree with it being pulled.
You had a bad experience and appricate hearing both good and bad
about everything. I agreed with your post!!!!!

Well, if you dont return you will be missed.
If you do wonderful...
Just keep in mind, life is short enjoy yourself and don't ever let someone else stand in your way of what makes you happy.
Good luck
JIM
smile.gif

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam alias Mr Big Wing:

Sorry I missed "this one" somewhere so let's just forget it ever happened.... I read most of all your other posts and have enjoyed them. WE are the VCA and the Board so we have a few Teachers (sorry Tony) keeps us in line every now and then, it just keeps it a little livelier.

My friend no one wins not even you if you go away now....We will have one less person to share our lies, sorry stories with....

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Running a business is tough, most of us here know that. I think some of the problems with some tuners, suppliers is that they have the entrepreneurial spirit but not the savy to realize that at some point in time they need help to GROW the business. Their business gets bigger and bigger but they think they can take on this added "windfall" by themselves. 12,14,16 hour days soon come (for the owner) and the customer suffers through missed calls, being put on hold, voicemail, wrong parts, wrong pricing, long turn-around, the list goes on.....

Failure to hire enough qualified people to "get the job done" is a typical downfall for most entrepreneurs.....

In our next class of business 101......

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you leave, we'll all remember you as the big Kung Pao chicken that someone ran off. (Don't go all Johnny Cochran on me now ... just finishing off a joke you started
smile.gif
)

Treat it like mind over matter ... He don't matter so you don't mind. Be glad you're a newbie who wasn't around in the old days when he was this huge rampaging buffalo of a poobah on this site. Treated it like it was his own litter box ... everyone falling all over themselves to kiss his @ss. Bad times, bad times. Better now. Hang around.

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stick around man.... sometimes life just ***** and then...
hey it gets better.

chalk this one up to " sh*t happens "

you got to know you got friends here too
crying.gif

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the VCA officers should set up a one on one boxing/wresting match with JonB and AB at VOI 7 for charity.

The winner can have my lemon lawed gts motor with the failed/defective waterpumps and melted head gaskets from there failure. After the match, I'll start up up the car, let the engine heat up to 300 degrees and we can all roast hotdogs together, sing DaimlerChrysler songs and inhale the boling anti-freeze fumes.

AB,

Even if you don't like some of the people, there is still a lot of good info available here. Remember, almost every great person in history was chastised for there different views at first. Just consider the source first, and don't worry about it.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I love that idea about the ring. Ding! Ding! (and no Jon B that's not my name. that's the bell!).

I'm getting censored left and right.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I can remember when I first started posting here, as a non-Viper owner. My technical expertise was passed off as a joke, because I was not a Viper owner. (Probably also because I was somewhat critical of Vipers. That never goes over real big, when you drop in just to criticise!)

Oddly enough, a lot of problems that people were asking for help with are common to many closed-loop computer controlled vehicles. (ie: no fuel pressure, clogged fuel pumps/screens/filters, funny white smoke, funny black smoke, etc)

I was made to feel like an intruder into the realm of the majestic and approved. An outsider, to be run off. Vipers are too good for him! Off with his head!

Anyway, I stuck around, because I was snake bit, and didn't know it. Finally I got my dream. As the car's personality grew on me, I found that my criticisms were misplaced. I now rather enjoy the uniqueness of our beloved Vipers, and can no longer see any faults, for I am under its spell. I joined the VCA automatically courtesy DC, when I bought my 2001 GTS, and I renewed becasue I want to be a part of the greatest car club on earth.

I never notice or care if a poster is a member or not. I only wince if he posts about Supras, that's all. The place to post about Supras is over on the Supra board. If you pay your VCA dues, you contribute to the cost of this board, and may mention Supras here, but only in a hushed tone.

Out of 14,000 or so Vipers, we only have about 2000 VCA members, is that right?

We need to bring in the critical, the lurkers, trolls, sponges, all peoples be they great or small, rich or poor. Every one of those in the crowd of huddled masses will be issued a Viper, wait, no, um.... uh, .. May all who come feel welcome, yeah, thats' it! Stick around!

Status
Not open for further replies.