Those half grapefruit sized lane divider bumps can do some damage...

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I probably missed it, but what wheels did you get?

Still waiting to hear back from Dan at V'Specialty on all of the details of my order (so they are to my knowledge not "officially" ordered yet), but they will be the iForged Classics 20/19 chrome/chrome. Also going to do SRT calipers and Eurotek 14" rotors front and rear, hence the larger than normal price tag for this "wheels" mod.

I got the cashola, just waiting to hear back from Danola.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still waiting to hear back from Dan at V'Specialty on all of the details of my order (so they are to my knowledge not "officially" ordered yet), but they will be the iForged Classics 20/19 chrome/chrome. Also going to do SRT calipers and Eurotek 14" rotors front and rear, hence the larger than normal price tag for this "wheels" mod.

Cool, I have IFORGED wheels too. I like mine. I don't have time anymore because of work to get on the board often so good luck with this. Post pics when you get them.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Hi Dave,

Your wheels have been ordered for a few days now, just figuring out the details on the rest right now before I charge you anything.

I should have the paperwork over to you today if my suppliers decide to pick up the phone, haha.

V

Venomiss

Here is pic taken from my phone of the type the city is installing here in Victoria. Sorry image isn't that great. They are steel and about 3-4 inches tall.

At first I thought someone laid giant eggs on the stripes. Maybe a giant chicken got scared crossing the road.
Wonder how many people will be getting reimbursed for tires/wheels/ alignments....or accidents if you lost control...that would be quite the lawsuit.
Condolences on the wheel and tire.
2175d1224776983-those-half-grapefruit-sized-lane-divider-bumps-can-do-some-damage-speed-bumps.jpg

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At first I thought someone laid giant eggs on the stripes. Maybe a giant chicken got scared crossing the road.
Wonder how many people will be getting reimbursed for tires/wheels/ alignments....or accidents if you lost control...that would be quite the lawsuit.
Condolences on the wheel and tire.
2175d1224776983-those-half-grapefruit-sized-lane-divider-bumps-can-do-some-damage-speed-bumps.jpg

That was my first thought too! Then the more I looked at it, the more it looked like a set of road *******:D;)

Dave - I know EXACTLY how you feel. Nothing worse than getting the rims AND tires done in; front and back!:rolleyes:

Robert

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Returned to the scene of the crime on Christmas during light traffic and snapped a pic. Cancel grapefruit sized, these are half of a watermelon.

You must be registered for see images

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like an abandoned ghost town in the background.

Those lane dividers are insane. Are those things used everywhere in your town?

Viper rolls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are a total hazard. What is the speed limit on this road? Maybe they are trying to slow traffic as well by putting these lane markers in?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are those just lane dividers, or do they divide the lanes between traffic going opposite directions? Seems like the former from the pic, which is ridiculous as likely to be hit regularly during lawful driving and cost the gov't a fortune in covering the damages from them.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dave,
Those look to be be LED Bot's Dots that are improperly mounted. They are supposed to be installed into the road surface, not on top off. I think that you have grounds for a "discussion" with the city!

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are those just lane dividers, or do they divide the lanes between traffic going opposite directions? Seems like the former from the pic, which is ridiculous as likely to be hit regularly during lawful driving and cost the gov't a fortune in covering the damages from them.

Also, what's the distance between them, is it possible to change lanes without hitting them?

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they are meant to be lane dividers.:dunno: I posted the pic of the yellow ones here in Victoria and they are set in rows of two and are about 12" apart. They are meant to keep traffic on one side that is for sure.

I hit one in my Suburban the first day they put them out.:omg:If you hit one, you know it.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those are crazy!!! we have the small ones here but I avoid them anyway just because they rattle my teeth around. ANd Julli your post about snow shutting down the city is right..... it snowed in Las Vegas before christmas this year and the city shut down. But don't forget not only do people here not know how to drive in snow but we don't have plows or salt or even snow type tires. you can run slicks here with no problem mostly, we don't even get rain often enough to worry about tires. I was in Minnesota for the week so I don't have any pictures to post.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang