Thoughts on cleaning/reconditioning underhood plastic and vinyl

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any advice on how to get all that underhood plastic and vinyl looking better? 12 years and 62K miles hasn't been too kind. Will Vinylex be okay to use considering the high temps?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any advice on how to get all that underhood plastic and vinyl looking better? 12 years and 62K miles hasn't been too kind. Will Vinylex be okay to use considering the high temps?

are you talking about the hood pad? if you are, they are a little over $100 from the dealer new. i just ordered mine and will be painting it when it comes in to protect it.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutelly unbelievable stuff. It's almost like spray paint. The plastic parts in the engine bay look glossy now.

Griot's Garage 1-800-345-5789 - Misc Car Care

Is this a paint or more like a spray on dressing?

I use either Stoners Trim Shine or Adams In and Out Spray for this. If I can reach the parts I will just use Zaino Z16 or 303 Aerospace on a sponge and wipe it down. The first two sprays are nice for the hard to reach spots.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can also use their wheel well shine. I did my fan when I put my radiator in. Could not believe how it looked.

You must be registered for see images

I used their Under Carriage spray. This stuff lasts. I cleaned up my scuff plate cover under the transmission and applied this on it 3K miles ago and it still looks clean and new. The fender well covers still have their deep, wet black shine on them. I cleaned up the frame and any metal/plastic I could reach in the engine bay. After seeing your pic Dave, I may have to tackle the radiator fan next. I've used their Engine Cleaner on my BMW engine after 7 years of neglect, grime and dirt. I wish I took a before and after but the engine bay looks new. Dirt/grime came off as I was spraying on the cleaner and it left no residue. I don't think my Viper engine needs a wash yet, maybe in 7 years. Lastly, their wheel cleaner is awesome too. I'm not a big fan of their waxes but the products I mentioned do a great job.

OP
OP
G

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow that looks better than showroom new! Thanks for the help guys, Ill try some of thier stuff out as soon as I get my car back.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i use stoner tire dressing on those kinda parts and also use WD40. both work and last great

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WD-40 makes plastic look good, but will actually harm it. Do not use it on fiberglass like the fenderwells that are porous.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang