Throttle body questions...

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DKM,
Stay with stock unless you go forced induction. I have yet to hear of anyone getting more power from bigger TB's except for heads,cam and ported intake manifold and then it's 68's

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey dkm it is absolutely true you lose torque without internal work. i wasted money on a set and lost 30.
bunch of racers meeting friday at starbucks friday night if your in call me. what color supra you have. daniel with the silver one just ported his and he'll be out. f-body invasion in this week end and they rented the track so if you want to b*tch slap some i think they might let you run.

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wonder if you know me too since you know daniel. no sold my throttle bodies. why are you driving your supra instead of your viper????? mine is yellow.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on your mods. If your doing ALL of the basic bolt-ons/exhaust/headers/K&N's/T&D's/ etc. I'd say go 65mm not 68. All the bolt-ons should put you at @ 450-460 to the ground. If your doing heads/cam I'd say go 70mm.

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any benefit to polishing and smoothing the insides of the throttle bodies? I heard someone recommend this mod and am wondering if anyone else has tried it.

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the TBs on my Gen 1 turned and polished which improved flow over 10%. Stock Gen 1s are almost 53mm on the back side. I had them opened to about 60. No change on the dyno, but I felt throttle response did improve.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960