throttle body sync

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been reading alot of older posts from Gen 1 and 2 Cars about syncing their TB because of bogging and hesitation, my 06 has been doing the same thing, did the o2 sensor thing, changing plugs and wires, just to rule that out, BUT if it happens again what else is there? is there such a thing on the Gen 3(syncing)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Gen I had a throttle cable that split into two cables...and, the left needed to lead the right by a "hair". They were easy to adjust as there was a built in button on both sides...later becoming non-adjustable with a TSB that anchored the two cables once properly adjusted.

Different mechanisms on Gen II & III.
While I have not really answered your question yet, will grab a look at our Gen III to be sure that I remember the exact mechanism.

How many miles on the odometer?

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No throttle body sync on a gen III, as there is only one.

Problem is elsewhere,............will probably need a full-function scan tool to diagnose.

......unless you're a lucky guesser, or your buddy's car did the exact same thing, and he changed the $#@@$%^ and fixed it, and your car has the same thing wrong with it.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You can relearn the throttle limits on the gen 3 as I understand it, which I suppose could help some. If you clear the computer (pull the positive cable from the battery post and touch it to the negative cable to drain any capacitors in the system or just leave it unplugged for some time), when you hook it back up there's a sequence to train the computer what the TPS limits are. I think it's something like key it on (but don't start), foot to the floor three times, then key off or something like that. I'm sure someone will chime in with the correct procedure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte