Tightening rear diff

Pompe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello everyone

This is my first post, although i´ve had much use for the good tips from your other threads :)

This one i have not found...

I have a rather large play in the rear diff which leads to clunking when i drive slowly (not that often...) and its very annoying.
Is there any way of tightening this? I have the car up in the air because i´m changing the rear main seal ( Yes, its the -96...) therefore it would be the right time for this operation.

Any tips including total step-by-step would be very appreciated.

Pontus Q
Sweden

PS. The rear main seal is impossible to find in Europe, anyone got a better way to find it then ordering from Chrysler(long delivery..). DS

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can be done, but you have to take apart the whole differential. But firstly should you check so that the ladderbar is tightened properly...a loose ladderbar can result in the "clonk" sound. If you need further advice just shoot me a e-mail or PM.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can be done, but you have to take apart the whole differential. But firstly should you check so that the ladderbar is tightened properly...a loose ladderbar can result in the "clonk" sound. If you need further advice just shoot me a e-mail or PM.
No ladder bars on 96 + cars! Check U Joints!