Time for new tires!

Greatcrazyworld

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Purchased my first Viper last August. Back tires were borderline pass when I bought it...fronts have lots of tread but lots of stress cracks between treads. Makes for nervous ride at 150 plus thinking of losing a tire :drive: So I'm sure this is a place where many have melted some rubber & shopped around for the best deal. Where's the best place to buy new rubber & have it mounted?

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought mine from JonB Partsrack great deal quick shipping.Luke at tire rack has helped quite a few also.FYI I bought PSII's, giant difference in traction, car hooks up w/o problems.Car is roughly 450HP at rear wheels basically stock.I forget the name of the balancing they did (Roadforce?) but it is especially for HIPO cars with big tires.W/O this balance I guess alot of cars expierience vibration.Cost roughly 300.00 for a set of 4.I had a problem finding a shop that could handle that size of wheel w/o scratching.

93VIPERBOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Decided that my 15 year old tires were getting a litle old so replaced them with PS 2, They are great. Chuck Tator suggested them and installed them

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been shopping for PS2s for a week or so.

JonB was the cheapest, but add a couple hundred shipping, GST, BC PST and UPS "brokerage" (another tax = charge more than 10% and do nothing for me) and the good price is gone. Still looking.

Ted

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB was the cheapest, but add a couple hundred shipping, GST, BC PST and UPS "brokerage" (another tax = charge more than 10% and do nothing for me) and the good price is gone. Still looking.

Ted

Don't they just let them roll from the top of the hill by the Ranger station down to the tribal courier, bypassing the wood otters at the stream? :dunno:

I would think that would save 20% or so on transit time and cost.

:eater:

V

Venomiss

Viper is a 96 & I'm in Ontario, Canada

Contact a club that's local to you and they might have some ideas for you:
They can also give you information about joining with your fellow Canada members.

Viper Club of Ontario

You can also read the Ontario forum down a bit on this page.
Since you are not a VCA member yet you can't post there.

Now that the Canadian dollar has passed the American one it should be a much better deal for you. Good luck with it!

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Purchased my first Viper last August. Back tires were borderline pass when I bought it...fronts have lots of tread but lots of stress cracks between treads. Makes for nervous ride at 150 plus thinking of losing a tire :drive: So I'm sure this is a place where many have melted some rubber & shopped around for the best deal. Where's the best place to buy new rubber & have it mounted?

JonB - PartsRack just came through for me. I has to put new feet on the Black Beast. The old run craps were great drifter tires, but lousy at actually making the car move anywhere in particular. Now it's great. Can't wait for the next Viper Cruise.

I shoped around quite a bit and JonB not only gave the best price, the info he provided on the tires and various other Qs i had was a huge benefit.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang