timing kits

VIPER1996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 94 viper and I keep seeing these 20hp timing kits on ebay. Do they really work or is it a waste of money. I have K&N and Borla exhaust. I'm happy with how my car runs, but I am always looking for improvements. Also this is my first viper and it seems to run a little hot in town. Is there anything to worry about or something I can do about it. Thanks Brett

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the guys feedback that is peddling those timing kits...doesn't look good. I would be skeptical of the claim of "picking up 20hp" for $9...there's an old saying..."If its too good to be true"...you know the rest...Consider installing the VEC1 for adjustment of the air/fuel ratio and ignition timing over the entire operating range of the engine.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know someone that bought one.....it is one resistor that you:
undo the air temp senser wire and insert the resistor....and leave it unpluged.....not using the sensor any more. He has not installed it yet. It will probably tell the computer the air is colder and fatten the mixture and I guess more timing ...so they say. Maybe one of the tuners will chime in. I say save your $$ and get a Vec1. Oh, his was a 10hp and was $1.00...I think.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang