Tinted Windows

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Max meadows?!? You come from a mystical and strange land where one section of road goes north, south, and west, all at the same time. Arthur Davis, I don't think we can trust you. ;-)

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a medical waiver for extra tinting. I also live in VA. They issued a ticket to me a month ago for tinted windows during the "Land Air and Speed" weekend. The Trooper took the time to explain the degree of tint allowed. VA allows 35% with a waiver and mine was 12%. The factory average with an A/C equipped car is about 72-75%. if you add 25% shading, then multiply that by the 72% factory to get total shading.Example .25 x .72= .18 or 18%

My fine was $91.00

In VA, with no waivers, the tint is allowed to be 50%, which means that you can tint it with about 70% or double the factory Viper. (.75x .70= .52 or 52%) The tint per window will be like lookig through two windows or looking the car will be like looking through two cars parked side by side.
Arthur,
What kind of waiver are you using? Is it a medical waiver?

As for tinting, I've got 35% tint only on the small rear window (RT/10). It comes in handy especially at night with headlights (car being so low).

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have their windows tinted, in a state were it is illegal? I am in NJ and think that tinted windows look great, but would prefer not to get in trouble or fined.

Also, if you do get tinted windows and get busted what are the repercussions?

$50 ticket in NJ. Have them in NJ and my brother ironically was driving one of my cars and got pulled over. Pay the fine and you will be fine. When it comes to inspection just peel them off and get them done again. Only costs about $100.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arthur,
What kind of waiver are you using? Is it a medical waiver?

As for tinting, I've got 35% tint only on the small rear window (RT/10). It comes in handy especially at night with headlights (car being so low).

Know a few people with medical waivers. It all depends on how close you are with your doctor.

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend has a CTS, limo tint all the way around and a limo banner across the top of his windshield. Black 20s with a chrome lip. SICK looking car... but to the point, he gets pulled over A LOT here in Michigan, but he has a slip from the optometrist that says he gets migraines and needs the tint. From what I know he hasn't gotten any tickets....... o and am I really going to be the first person to say wow pteam!!! The cars, the house, and most importantly the girl!!!! :omg: congratulations and god bless the USA :headbang: :usa:

Last edited:

Arthur R Davis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been responding...... I work at various parts of US at different times and don't track my "Loves" as as I should. I had 'maglignant spreading malinia cancer' 10 years ago. I appear to beat this round of it. Being (once) blond, blue eyes and light complection, I have no natural immunity to it. I refused treatment and turned to Christ with it. I am here and well now! Anyway, sunlight is a factor and it readily attacks the rectina, thus the medical waiver.

The VA concern is only the front windows. You can do anything the the rear side windows and the rear window requirement is that it can't be 'one-way'. (and 2 side mirriors). hope this clears up my issue and also the commonweath of VA.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In oregon tinting has to allow 35% plus you have to have a certificate from the installer to certify it does. So, no certificate = ticket even if the tint would be otherwise legal. We have a medical waiver also.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does tinting in any way inhibit your radar/laser detector from optimal operation?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang