Tiny Bubbles!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know several people have had the problem with small bubbles in their paint. I've got them now and it's not cool. Will Dodge cover this? My car is not under warranty anymore, but don't some of the paint and corrosion warrantees last a little longer?

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know several people have had the problem with small bubbles in their paint. I've got them now and it's not cool. Will Dodge cover this? My car is not under warranty anymore, but don't some of the paint and corrosion warrantees last a little longer?

They are cake to take out, and even a bad body shop can do a good job. About how big are the bubbles?

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bubbles are usually in the clear.Depending on how generous they were on your clear it can be wet sanded and buffed to a mirror finish.I recomend doing this on the whole car.Just make sure that you find someone that is very experienced in this process and your car will look better than the day it was new

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed a few small bubbles underneath the sport bar. I barely noticed them so I am not going to worry about it.

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tiny Bubble epert here. I just got Dodge to repaint my hood. While I was at it, I had the paint shop do some other mods. My car is still under warranty, but I found out from the body shop manager, at SCD that Dodge was holding out on paying him the full amount after he did the work??? The bubbles are not in the clear coat. If they are you are lucky, but I was told, and my experience proves otherwise. They sanded and buffed my bubbles away a year ago, and they came back, and more with a vengence. I am now told, that the plastic/fibreglas material was painted before it totally out gassed. So the gasses are coming from the p/f material. So they sanded my car down and let it breath for a few days, and then reprimered it and painted/clear coated it, etc. Now, I will have to wait and see if this makes a difference. I had them add a hole in the left speaker grill , just in case heat was an issue. If more bubbles pop up, then I was told I might be able to get a new hood. I doubt that, if they ,DC is balking on just repainting my hood.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can bubbles appear in paint that's dried? Does the gases actually push out the hardened paint?

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like your car is young, hormone changes and got acne, pimples? I guess you could use stridex? I better check my Viper, is this all years? :D LOL

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have them also, but they are only on the driver's door. Several cars that I looked at before buying had the bubbles in various places, but most had them in the gas cap filler area (GTS'S).
I am afraid to have the door repainted due to the fact of matching the paint on the rest of the car. Personally I think I will just live with them for now.

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tiny bubble expert back. They keep appearing. I had 5, then 10 then 20 then 10 more on the other side of the hood. I had about 40 in all over a 1-1/2 year period. My car is a Sapphire Blue 2001 RT/10. They did a good job paint matching, I am just worried that even though they sanded down the suspected areas to let it breath, that they will still come back somewhere else. I will hold my breath. I always thought maybe it was my Ceramic coated Belanger headers, but then I had to remind myself that they appeared before I did any mods???

Both Stacks Blowin'

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The bubbles will come and go.

Our experience over here in Europe is, that they will show more in the winter and go in the summer, to reappear again next winter.

As stated above, the problem is that DC did not "cure" the body correctly before painting it. There is NO real resolution for this problem other than a COMPLETE rub-down and respray.

Pete.

:( :( :mad: :(

prowl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have bubbles on may car also I thank its a problem with the heat allowing condensation in under the paint not the cure of the body part if that is the problem then I would not have them on my rocker panel. when paint heat up it becomes soft and rise up which allow condensation form the heat. how many that have bubbles in their paint have their temp at next to the last mark. also darker color may be more likely to have bubbles in their paint. you could sand but they will come back the best way to fix the problem is to repaint the car or just leave alone until the bubbles pop or cover the hole body part. this could be a problem that we may have to live with